How Vigora 100 mg Works
Vigora 100 mg belongs to the family of medications known as PDE 5 (Phosphodiesterase Type 5) inhibitors. It works by blocking the action of the enzyme PDE 5 and increases blood flow to the penis. Erectile dysfunction causes a constriction in the arteries of the penis that hinders blood flow and makes it difficult for a man to achieve or sustain an erection. Sildenafil Citrate present in Vigora 100 mg enables blood circulation by blocking the effects of PDE 5. It also prevents cGMP or Cyclic guanosine monophosphate that is responsible for the contraction and dilation of blood vessels from getting destroyed. This allows the blood to flow easily to the penis. As more and more blood flows to the penis, the pressure is created that leads to an erection.
Vigora 100 mg tablet is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – also known as impotence, it makes a man unable to achieve or sustain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. It may be caused due to physical and psychological reasons.
The recommended dose of Vigora 100 mg is one tablet per day. Do not consume more than one tablet in 24 hours. For best results, take it one hour before planned sexual intercourse on an empty stomach. Follow your doctor’s prescription carefully to achieve desired results. The effects of this medicine last for 4 hours. However, this may vary from person to person depending on factors such as age, metabolism, medical condition, etc. Do not take this medicine if you don’t suffer from erectile dysfunction.
Missed Dose: Since this medicine is taken as and when needed, you’re less likely to miss a dose. Talk to your doctor about what happens if you miss a dose.
Overdose: An overdose of the drug can lead to adverse side effects. If an overdose is suspected, seek medical attention immediately.
Vigora 100 mg may not be suitable for you if you suffer from certain medical conditions. Before you take this drug, let your doctor know:
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other medications.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain.
- If you have a history of stroke, heart failure, etc.
- If you have tachycardia or bradycardia.
- If you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- If you are under 18 or over 65 years of age.
- If you suffer from kidney or liver-related diseases.
- If you suffer from a bleeding disorder.
- If you have a rare inherited eye condition such as retinitis pigmentosa.
- If you have blood cell problems such as sickle cell anemia, leukemia, etc.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- If you are undergoing any surgery or any other form of treatment.
- If you use penis pumps or any other treatment for erectile dysfunction.
There are certain side effects that can occur while taking Vigora 100 mg. These include:
- Muscle pain
- Upset stomach
- Chest pain
- Sensitivity to light
Some rare side effects include:
- A persistent erection of more than 4 hours (known as Priapism)
- Sudden vision loss in one or both eyes (known as NAION)
- Irregular heartbeats
- Painful urination
This is not an exhaustive list of side effects. If you experience any other side effects of the medication, report it to your doctor.
If you take any prescription or non-prescription drugs, let your doctor know about them. Certain medications can interact with Vigora 100 mg and affect the way it works. These medications can also be life-threatening if taken along with Vigora. These include:
- Isosorbide dinitrate
- Isosorbide mononitrate
- Other medicines for ED
Discuss potential drug interactions with your doctor in detail.
Interaction with alcohol
Consumption of alcohol alongside Vigora 100 mg is not advised as it may lead to dizziness, fainting, and serious side effects.
Vigora 100 mg tablets should be stored safely in their original packaging.
- Keep the tablets away from direct heat, moisture, and light.
- Store the pills in a cool, dry place.
- If the pack is opened, keep the pills in an airtight container.
- Keep the tablets out of reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Vigora 100 mg tablet used for?
Ans. Vigora 100 mg tablet is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. It contains Sildenafil Citrate that increases the blood flow to the penis and helps men achieve or sustain an erection.
2. How long does Vigora 100 take to work?
Ans. The effects of Vigora 100 mg can be experienced within 30 minutes to 1 hour of its consumption.
3. Can I take Vigora 100 daily?
Ans. No! Vigora 100 mg tablet is not meant for daily use. This medicine should be taken as and when needed or as directed by the physician.
4. Is Vigora 100 safe?
Ans. Yes! Vigora 100 tablet when taken as prescribed is considered safe for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
5. How to take Vigora 100 mg tablet?
Ans. This medicine is meant to be taken orally with water. Consume one tablet exactly one hour before any sexual activity on an empty stomach.