|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30-60 minutes|
|Lasts Long||4-6 hours|
How does Cenforce 200 mg Work
To attain a healthy erection the blood should flow properly to the penile tissue. Adequate blood flow ensures the availability of resources for the maintenance of reproductive health.
- On sexual arousal, tissue of the penis releases nitric oxide which boosts the production of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP).
- cGMP facilitates blood flow into the smooth muscles of the penis.
- This relaxes the muscles and produces an erection.
- The feedback mechanism to oversee this phenomenon comprises an enzyme called Phosphodiesterase type 5.
- PDEs 5 impacts the action of cGMP to result in ejaculation and loss of erection.
- Cenforce 200 mg acts as a PDE 5 inhibitor and obstructs the action of the PDE 5 enzyme which in turn halts the release of cGMP.
- Without the cGMP, the erection stays for a prolonged time thus helping with erectile dysfunction.
Uses of Cenforce 200 mg
Cenforce 200 mg tablets are mainly prescribed for the treatment of erectile dysfunction but they can also be used in the following conditions.
- Erectile dysfunction as a side effect of antidepressants usage.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: a condition where the blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs increases.
- Raynaud’s Phenomenon: a condition wherein the arteries in the limbs experience spasms which results in the reduction of blood flow.
The Cenforce 200 mg tablet contains 200 mg of sildenafil citrate as its active ingredient.
- The tablet is required to be taken as per the need for the treatment of erectile dysfunction to achieve an erection.
- The tablet should be consumed 30-60 minutes before the anticipated sexual performance.
- In case the doctor instructs you to use it daily to maintain the level of sildenafil in the body, make sure to keep a gap of 24 hours between two doses.
- When advised for other ailments, take the medication as advised by your doctor, and do not change the dosage without consulting your doctor.
Note: For the medication to work effectively for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, it is crucial to have sexual arousal, Cenforce doesn’t work in absence of sexual arousal.
As the medication is taken as and when required, there is less possibility of missing a dose. If you have been advised to take it regularly and forget to take your medication, have it as soon as you remember. But if the time of your next dose is nearby, skip the missed dose altogether and continue with your normal routine. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Overdosing on Cenforce 200 mg tablets may result in the symptoms listed below:
- Increase in heartbeat
- Deterioration of muscular tissue
- Swelling of the optic nerve
- Damage to the optic nerve
- Blurred and distorted vision
- Priapism or a painful and prolonged penile erection.
Seek immediate medical assistance in case of an overdose.
Certain conditions may impact the effectiveness of the Cenforce 200 mg or aggravate the side effects associated with the use of these tablets. Convey to your doctor or pharmacist if you suffer from any of the conditions listed below.
- If you have allergies to sildenafil citrate or any other medication.
- If you are pregnant or plan on conceiving.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you suffer from diabetes or hypertension.
- If you have any cardiovascular disease or coronary artery disease, or their medical history.
- If you have suffered from a stroke, chest pain, or heart attack in the past six months.
- If you have any bleeding disorder.
- If you suffer from an inherited eye condition known as retinitis pigmentosa.
Cenforce 200 mg may exhibit certain side effects in some people. If any of the below listed concerns you, contact your doctor for guidance.
- Nasal congestion
- Tearing of the eye
- Buzzing or ringing sensation in the ears
Some people may experience severe side effects associated with the use of this medication. Stop using it and seek medical assistance if any of the following occurs:
- Allergic reaction – swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat, or breathing difficulties.
- Sensitivity to light
- Disturbances or loss of vision
- Difficulty in differentiating the blue and green colors.
- Painful urination
- Cloudy and/or bloody urine
- Numbness, tingling, or burning sensation in limbs.
- Sudden loss of hearing
- Priapism or prolonged painful erection that lasts for more than 4 hours.
Interactions With Other Drugs
Cenforce 200 mg may interact with certain medications and result in moderate to severe side effects. Inform your doctor or pharmacist about prescription, non-prescription, herbal, multivitamins, or over-the-counter medications you are taking.
- ACE inhibitors
- Imatinib mesylate
Interaction with Alcohol
Alcohol should be used with caution with Cenforce 200 mg tablets as it may heighten dizziness often experienced as the side effect of consuming alcohol. Many distilled spirits have ethyl alcohol in them which may transpire a severe interaction with sildenafil.
Store the Cenforce 200 mg tablets in their original packaging, away from excess heat, moisture, and sunlight.
- Make sure to store them away from the reach of children.
- Do not consume expired tablets. Dispose of them safely in compliance with guidelines from your local waste collection department.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How does Cenforce 200 mg help in erectile dysfunction?
Cenforce 200 mg belongs to the category of phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitor drugs. It stops the action of the enzyme phosphodiesterase 5 to increase the time of penile erection. The important thing to remember is that it is crucial to have sexual arousal/stimulation for the medication to work. It will not work in absence of sexual arousal.
2. In which conditions can Cenforce 200 tablets be administered?
Cenforce 200 mg tablets are mainly used for treating erectile dysfunction. The other conditions that may benefit from these tablets are:
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension: a condition wherein the blood pressure of the arteries in the lungs rises.
- Raynaud’s Phenomenon: a condition that impacts the flow of blood in fingers and toes. The arteries experience spasms which reduce the blood flow to fingers and toes.
3. Can I take two Cenforce 200 tablets in a day?
Taking more than the recommended dosage of one pill per day may increase the likelihood of experiencing severe side effects.
4.Is it okay to smoke after taking the Cenforce tablets?
Smoking should be avoided when Cenforce tablets are being administered as the nicotine-based products may increase the dizziness effects on interaction with sildenafil.
5. What precautions should I take to consume Cenforce 200 mg if I am suffering from hypertension?
Cenforce tablets may cause a sudden drop in blood pressure. Therefore, it is recommended to consult your doctor to discuss precautions regarding the use of this medication and monitor your blood pressure levels regularly.
6. Is the 200 mg strength of the Cenforce tablet safe to use?
Yes, it is safe for use, provided you do not exceed the recommended dosage of one tablet in 24 hours. However, if you feel no improvement in your condition, consult your doctor for a change of medication.
7. Does Cenforce 200 mg impact the ability to drive?
As dizziness is one of the side effects of the Cenforce tablets, it is recommended to avoid driving until you establish how the pill affects you. Moreover, do not operate heavy machinery or perform tasks that may require your alertness.