|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30 to 60 minutes|
|Lasts Long||Up to 4 to 5 hours|
How does Cenforce 200 mg Work
Cenforce 200 mg belongs to a class of drugs known as PDE 5 inhibitors. It contains Sildenafil which blocks the action of the PDE 5 enzyme and allows the blood to flow properly to the penis.
cGMP is responsible for the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. PDE 5 breaks down cGMP and obstructs the flow of blood. Sildenafil present in Cenforce 200 blocks the action of PDE 5 and increases the levels of nitric oxide by inhibiting the breakdown of cGMP. Once cGMP is produced properly, blood flows easily to the penis. As more and more blood flows to the penis, pressure is created. This results in an erection.
Cenforce 200mg is prescribed for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – also known as impotence, it makes a man unable to achieve or sustain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
The recommended dose of Cenforce 200 mg is one tablet per day. It should not be taken more than once in 24 hours. It can be taken with or without food. It should be taken approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before any sexual activity.
Since the medication is taken as and when needed, the chances of missing a dose are less likely.
An overdose of Cenforce 200 mg tablets can lead to severe side effects. These include:
- Increase in heartbeat
- Deterioration of muscular tissue
- Swelling of the optic nerve
- Damage to the optic nerve
- Blurred and distorted vision
- Priapism or a painful and prolonged penile erection.
In case any of these side effects persist for long, contact your doctor immediately.
Certain conditions may impact the effectiveness of the Cenforce 200 mg or aggravate the side effects associated with the use of these tablets. Let your doctor know:
- If you have allergies to sildenafil citrate or any other medication.
- If you are pregnant or plan on conceiving.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you suffer from diabetes or hypertension.
- If you have any cardiovascular disease or coronary artery disease, or their medical history.
- If you have suffered from a stroke, chest pain, or heart attack in the past six months.
- If you have any bleeding disorder.
- If you suffer from an inherited eye condition known as retinitis pigmentosa.
Some common side effects of Cenforce pills include:
- Nasal congestion
- Tearing of the eye
- Buzzing or ringing sensation in the ears
Some people may experience severe side effects associated with the use of this medication. If such a case arises, reach out to your doctor.
- Allergic reaction – swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat, or breathing difficulties.
- Sensitivity to light
- Disturbances or loss of vision
- Difficulty in differentiating the blue and green colors.
- Painful urination
- Cloudy and/or bloody urine
- Numbness, tingling, or burning sensation in limbs.
- Sudden loss of hearing
- Priapism or a prolonged painful erection that lasts for more than 4 hours.
Interactions With Other Drugs
Cenforce 200mg may interact with certain medications that may affect the way it works. Inform your doctor about any prescription, non-prescription, herbal, multivitamins, or over-the-counter medications you are taking.
- ACE inhibitors
- Imatinib mesylate
Interaction with Alcohol
Alcohol should be used with caution with Cenforce 200 mg tablets as it may heighten dizziness often experienced as the side effect of consuming alcohol. Consult your doctor about whether you should drink alcohol along with this medication or not.
Cenforce 200 mg tablets should be stored safely in their original packaging.
- Keep the pills away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight.
- Keep the tablets away from the reach of children and pets.
- Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.
- Dispose the tablets safely in compliance with guidelines from your local waste collection department.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I take two Cenforce 200 mg tablets in a day?
Taking more than the recommended dose of one pill per day may increase the likelihood of experiencing severe side effects.
2. Is it okay to smoke after taking Cenforce 200 mg tablet?
Smoking should be avoided when this drug is being taken as the nicotine-based products may increase the dizziness effects on interaction with sildenafil.
3. What precautions should I take to consume Cenforce 200 mg if I am suffering from hypertension?
Cenforce 200 mg tablet may cause a sudden drop in blood pressure. Therefore, it is recommended to consult your doctor to discuss precautions regarding the use of this medication and monitor your blood pressure levels regularly.
4. Does Cenforce 200 mg impact the ability to drive?
As dizziness is one of the side effects of the Cenforce 200 mg tablet, it is recommended to avoid driving until you establish how the pill affects you. Moreover, one shouldn’t operate heavy machinery or perform tasks that may require alertness.
- Drugs H. Sildenafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 2022 Oct 10]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a699015.html
- Hatzimouratidis K. Sildenafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction: an overview of the clinical evidence. Clin Interv Aging. 2006;1(4):403-14. doi: 10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.403. PMID: 18046917; PMCID: PMC2699643. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2699643/
- Smith BP, Babos M. Sildenafil. [Updated 2022 May 3]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK558978/
- Fink HA, Mac Donald R, Rutks IR, Nelson DB, Wilt TJ. Sildenafil for male erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2002 Jun 24;162(12):1349-60. doi: 10.1001/archinte.162.12.1349. PMID: 12076233. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12076233/