|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30 minutes to 1 hour|
|Lasts Long||Up to 4 hours|
How does Vega 100 mg work?
Vega 100 mg works in combination with sexual stimulation. It increases the blood flow to the penis by relaxing the smooth muscles present in the walls of the blood vessels and helps the person get and maintain an erection.
It is a PDE 5 inhibitor, meaning it blocks the action of PDE 5 and enables the production of cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate). The production of cGMP allows the blood to flow easily to the penis. As more and more blood flows to the penis, pressure is created in the penis that leads to an erection.
Uses of Vega 100 mg
Vega 100 mg is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) – a condition in which a man is unable to achieve or maintain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
The recommended dosage of Vega 100 mg is one tablet a day. It should not be consumed more than once in 24 hours. It can be taken with or without food. It is recommended to be taken approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before any sexual activity. The effects of this medicine usually last for around 4 to 5 hours.
Since the medicine is taken as and when it is required, the person is less likely to miss a dose.
An overdose can cause serious side effects. In case someone has overdosed, seek medical help immediately.
Before consuming Vega 100 mg, inform your doctor if you have any allergies or suffer from any medical condition.
- Discuss in detail your medical history with the doctor. Inform the doctor if you have had a stroke in the past 6 months, or have high or low blood pressure, a severe loss of body water, penis conditions, eye issues, and conditions that may increase the risk of priapism.
- If you suffer from any condition related to the heart, kidney, liver, etc., let your doctor know about it.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- If you have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia, let your doctor know about it.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis (Peyronie’s disease), let your doctor know about it.
- If you have been advised not to engage in any sexual activity or put strain on your heart, let your doctor know about it.
Side effects of Vega 100 mg
Some common side effects of Vega 100 mg include:
- Upset stomach
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Blurred vision
- Vision changes
Rare side effects of the drug include:
- Decreased vision
- Permanent blindness, in one or both eyes (NAION)
- Decrease or loss of hearing
- A prolonged erection lasting longer than four hours
Seek immediate medical help in case of any of these symptoms persist for long.
It is important to inform your doctor of all the medications that you are consuming, and also discuss your history. Consuming Vega 100 mg along with other drugs can lead to drug interactions which can be harmful.
- Consumption of this drug along with nitrates can cause a drop in your blood pressure. This can lead to dizziness and unconsciousness. Do not consume it with drugs that are used to treat chest pain/angina or with recreational drugs that contain amyl nitrate, amyl nitrite, or butyl nitrite.
- Alpha-blocker medications along with Vega 100 mg can also cause dizziness and fainting.
- Do not consume Vega 100 mg with any other product that contains sildenafil or other similar medications for erectile dysfunction, or pulmonary hypertension. This can be harmful.
- Products such as azole antifungals, macrolide antibiotics, HIV protease inhibitors, virus protease inhibitors, hepatitis C, mifepristone, rifampin, etc. can reduce the effectiveness of Vega 100 mg.
Interaction with alcohol
Side effects of this drug include dizziness and blurred vision. Consumption of alcohol can make it worse. Consumption of alcohol should be in moderation or as the doctor recommends. Do not perform any task that requires you to pay attention until you can do it safely.
- Keep the medication at room temperature.
- Store it away from light and moisture. Do not keep this medicine in your bathroom.
- Make sure that the medication is kept away from the reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How long does it take for Vega 100 mg to work?
Ans. The effects of Vega 100 mg can be experienced within the first 30 minutes to 1 hour of its consumption. However, this may vary from person to person.
2. Does Vega 100 mg work for premature ejaculation?
Ans. While Vega 100 mg hasn’t been approved for the treatment of premature ejaculation, it may be used off-label for the treatment of the same. According to a study, men with premature ejaculation who were given Sildenafil showed significant improvement and 86.7% of them wanted to be treated further with the same medication.
3. Does Vega 100 mg cause changes in blood pressure?
Ans. Vega 100 mg can cause a drop in blood pressure even when taken with other blood pressure-lowering drugs.
4. Does Vega 100 mg affect fertility?
Ans. According to a 2002 study, a single dose of Sildenafil 100 mg does not have an adverse effect on sperm function or ejaculate quality.
5. Can alcohol be consumed with Vega 100 mg?
Ans. Vega 100 mg should not be taken with alcohol as it can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure. Talk to your doctor about whether the consumption of alcohol may be safe for you or not.
- Wang WF, Wang Y, Minhas S, Ralph DJ. Can sildenafil treat primary premature ejaculation? A prospective clinical study. Int J Urol. 2007 Apr;14(4):331-5. doi: 10.1111/j.1442-2042.2007.01606.x. PMID: 17470165. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17470165/
- Zusman RM, Morales A, Glasser DB, Osterloh IH. Overall cardiovascular profile of sildenafil citrate. Am J Cardiol. 1999 Mar 4;83(5A):35C-44C. doi: 10.1016/s0002-9149(99)00046-6. PMID: 10078541. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10078541/
- Purvis K, Muirhead GJ, Harness JA. The effects of sildenafil on human sperm function in healthy volunteers. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2002;53 Suppl 1(Suppl 1):53S-60S. doi: 10.1046/j.0306-5251.2001.00033.x. PMID: 11879260; PMCID: PMC1874253. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874253/
There are no reviews yet.