|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30 minutes to 1 hour|
|Lasts Long||4 hours|
How does Vega 100 mg work?
Vega 100 mg works in combination with sexual stimulation. It increases the blood flow to the penis by relaxing the smooth muscles present in the walls of the blood vessels and helps the person get and maintain an erection.
It is a PDE 5 inhibitor, meaning it blocks the action of PDE 5 and enables the production of cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate). The production of cGMP allows the blood to flow easily to the penis. As more and more blood flows to the penis, pressure is created in the penis that leads to an erection.
Uses of Vega 100 mg
Vega 100 mg is used to treat erectile dysfunction. It increases the blood flow and helps achieve and maintain an erection.
The recommended dosage of Vega 100 mg is one tablet a day. Consumption of more than one tablet per day is strictly advised against. The drug is the most effective if it is taken an hour before sexual intercourse. While the effects may vary from person to person, results can be noticed within thirty to sixty minutes of consumption.
Since the medicine is taken as and when it is required, the person is not likely to miss a dose.
In case someone has overdosed then seek medical help immediately. Symptoms of overdose include trouble in breathing, painful and prolonged erection, severe dizziness, and unconsciousness.
Before consuming Vega 100 mg, inform your doctor if you have any allergies. Inactive ingredients in the product can react and cause undesirable effects.
- Discuss in detail your medical history with your doctor. Especially if it includes issues related to the heart, kidney, liver. Inform the doctor if you have had a stroke in the past 6 months, or have high or low blood pressure, a severe loss of body water, penis conditions, eye issues, and conditions that may increase the risk of priapism.
- Participating in sexual activity can add strain on your heart. It can be worse if you have an existing heart condition.
- During pregnancy, this drug should be used only when it is needed. If you are planning on becoming pregnant, or become pregnant, then consult your doctor.
- It is possible that the medication may pass into the breast milk in small amounts. Consult your doctor about the same.
Side effects of Vega 100 mg
As with any drug, certain side effects occur with the consumption of Vega 100 mg. These include:
- Upset stomach
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Blurred vision
- Trouble telling blue and green colors apart
In order to reduce the risk of dizziness, it is recommended that you get up slowly if you are in a sitting or a lying position. In case any of these symptoms persist then consult your doctor.
Some other, rare side effects include:
- Decreased vision
- Permanent blindness, in one or both eyes (NAION)
- Decrease or loss of hearing
- A prolonged erection lasting longer than four hours
Seek immediate medical help in case of any of these symptoms.
It is important to inform your doctor of all the medications that you are consuming, and also discuss your history. Consuming Vega 100 mg along with other drugs can lead to drug interactions which can be harmful.
- Consumption of this drug along with nitrates can cause a drop in your blood pressure. This can lead to dizziness and unconsciousness. Do not consume it with drugs that are used to treat chest pain/angina or with recreational drugs that contain amyl nitrate, amyl nitrite, or butyl nitrite.
- Alpha-blocker medications along with Vega 100 mg can also cause dizziness and fainting.
- Do not consume Vega 100 mg with any other product that contains sildenafil or other similar medications for erectile dysfunction, or pulmonary hypertension. This can be harmful.
- Products such as azole antifungals, macrolide antibiotics, HIV protease inhibitors, virus protease inhibitors, hepatitis C, mifepristone, rifampin, etc. can reduce the effectiveness of Vega 100 mg.
Interactions with alcohol
Side effects of this drug include dizziness and blurred vision. Consumption of alcohol can make it worse. Limit the consumption of alcoholic beverages. Do not perform any task that requires you to pay attention until you can do it safely.
- Keep the medication at room temperature.
- Store it away from light and moisture. Do not keep this medicine in your bathroom.
- Make sure that the medication is kept away from the reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How long does it take for Vega 100 mg to work?
Ans. Vega 100 mg shows results in about thirty to sixty minutes of consumption. However, this may vary from person to person.
2. Does Vega 100 mg work for premature ejaculation?
Ans. No, Vega 100 mg does not work for premature ejaculation. It is only used to treat erectile dysfunction.
3. Does Vega 100 mg cause changes in blood pressure?
Ans. Consumption of Vega 100 mg can impact your blood pressure. There is a chance that your blood pressure falls. This tablet should be avoided if you are consuming nitrates or have a history of heart-related issues.
4. Does Vega 100 mg affect fertility?
Ans. No, Vega 100 mg has no impact on a person’s fertility. The drug is used to treat erectile dysfunction.
5. Can alcohol be consumed with Vega 100 mg?
Ans. Consumption of alcohol can impair your ability to have an erection. Moreover, Vega 100 mg can cause dizziness and blurred vision. This can be made worse by the consumption of alcohol. It is strongly advised to avoid alcohol with this drug, especially if you are performing a task that requires you to remain alert.