|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30 minutes to 1 hour|
|Lasts Long||4-5 hours|
How Fildena 100mg Works
It belongs to the class of drugs known as PDE 5 inhibitors. It blocks the action of the enzyme PDE 5 (that inhibits blood flow) and improves blood circulation. When a person is sexually stimulated, a chemical known as nitric oxide (NO) is released into the penis. Nitric Oxide stimulates the production of cGMP by interacting with the haem group of the enzyme soluble guanylate cyclase (sGC). cGMP is responsible for the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. However, due to the attack of the enzyme PDE 5, cGMP is destroyed. Sildenafil Citrate present in Fildena blocks the action of PDE 5 and allows cGMP to be produced properly. This allows the blood flow easily to the penis. As cGMP is produced, more and more blood flows to the penis. This creates pressure and leads to an erection.
Uses of Fildena 100 mg
It is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) and pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – an inability to achieve or sustain an erection satisfactory enough for sexual intercourse.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) – a condition that causes high blood pressure in the arteries that go from your heart to your lungs. This leads to the narrowing or blockage of tiny arteries in the lungs.
Dosage of Fildena 100 mg
The recommended dose of Fildena 100mg is one tablet per day. This medicine is taken as and when needed. Follow your doctor’s prescription carefully and do not consume more than one tablet in 24 hours. Consume this pill exactly one hour before you plan to have sexual intercourse. For best results, take this medicine on an empty stomach. The effects of this medicine last for 4-5 hours. However, this may vary depending upon certain factors such as age, metabolism, health conditions, etc.
Missed Dose: This medicine is taken as and when required. Therefore, you are less likely to miss a dose. If you are taking this medicine for pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take double doses to make up for the missed dose.
Overdose: An overdose of this medicine can lead to serious side-effects. If an overdose is suspected, seek medical help immediately.
Fildena 100 mg may not be suitable for you if you suffer from various medical conditions. Before you take this medicine, let your doctor know:
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other medications.
- If you have a medical history of stroke, heart attack, or congestive heart failure.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are under 18 years of age.
- If you suffer from kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a rare inherited eye condition such as retinitis pigmentosa.
- If you suffer from bleeding disorders such as hemophilia.
- If you have blood cell problems like sickle cell anemia.
- If you are undergoing any treatment or recovering through one.
- If you use penis pumps or are taking any treatment for erectile dysfunction.
Side-effects of Fildena 100mg
As with any other medication, there are certain side-effects that may occur while taking Fildena 100mg. These include:
- Chest pain
- Muscle aches
- Sensitivity to light
- Back pain
There are some serious side-effects that may occur in rare cases. These may occur if a higher dose of the drug is consumed.
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in ears
- Priapism (an erection that lasts for more than 4 hours)
- Shortness of breath
- NAION (sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes)
- Sudden decrease or loss of hearing
- Itching or burning during urination
If you suffer from any medical condition, let your doctor know about it. In some cases, doctors may advise not to engage in sexual activities frequently if the person suffers from a heart condition. Doing so may result in a heart attack, stroke, or irregular heartbeat.
If you take any OTC drugs, herbal supplements, or any other medications to treat your existing illness or for any other purposes, let your doctor know about them. The following contains a list of drugs that can interact with Fildena 100 mg and affect the way it works.
- Alpha-blockers such as alfuzosin and doxazosin
- Antifungals such as itraconazole
- Calcium channel blockers such as amlodipine
- Blood thinners such as warfarin
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin
- Barbiturates such as butalbital
- Beta-blockers such as atenolol and metoprolol
- HIV Protease inhibitors such as ritonavir and indinavir
- Medications for seizures such as carbamazepine
- Other medicines for erectile dysfunction
The above-mentioned drugs isn’t a complete list of drugs that interact with Fildena 100. Discuss potential drug interactions with your doctor in detail.
Interaction of alcohol with Fildena 100mg
Alcohol increases the risk of experiencing side-effects. Consumption of alcohol along with this medicine should be avoided at all costs.
Interaction with grapefruit juice
Eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice may increase the levels of this medicine in your blood. This raises the risk of side-effects.
Storage Instructions of Fildena
These tablets should be stored safely in their original packaging.
- Keep the tablets away from direct heat, moisture, and light.
- Store the pills in a cool, dry place.
- If the pack is opened, keep the pills in an airtight container.
- Keep the tablets out of reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Fildena 100mg?
Ans. Fildena 100mg, also known as the purple viagra is an oral medication prescribed for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED, also known as impotence) in men. It relaxes the smooth muscles present in the walls of the blood vessels and increases blood flow to the penis. This helps men get or maintain an erection during sexual intercourse.
2. Is Fildena the same as Viagra?
Ans. Yes! Both medications contain the same active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate. While Viagra comes in the form of a blue pill, the latter comes in the form of a purple pill.
3. How long does it take for Sildenafil to take effect?
Ans. It takes anywhere around 30-60 minutes for this medicine to show its effects. For the pill to work properly, the person needs to be sexually stimulated. The effects last for a period of 4-5 hours.
4. Is it safe to consume this drug?
Ans. Yes! This medicine when taken as per the prescribed dosage is completely safe for you. If taken in higher amounts, side-effects may occur.