|Starts In||1 to 2 hours|
|Last Long||12 to 14 hours|
|Type||Narcolepsy, sleep apnea|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.|
How It Works
Modalert 200 mg contains an ingredient Modafinil that works by binding dopamine transport receptors in the brain. It blocks these receptors and prevents the reabsorption of dopamine. Furthermore, it increases the amount of histamine, orexin, and norepinephrine in the brain. This results in increased energy levels, improved focus, and concentration and cognitive enhancement. By promoting wakefulness to the mind, it helps a person work without feeling fatigued throughout the day.
This medicine is popular among people working in late-night shifts, rotational shifts, and among students, writers, artists, and armed forces.
Modalert 200 mg is prescribed for the treatment of the following disorders:
- Narcolepsy – a neurological disorder that causes excessive daytime sleepiness, sleep paralysis, and hallucinations.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) – a condition in which breathing stops involuntarily during sleep due to blockage in the upper airway tract.
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD) – a circadian rhythm sleep disorder that causes insomnia and chronic sleep deprivation in people working in late-night shifts, rotational shifts, and early morning shifts.
A single tablet of Modalert 200 mg is recommended to be taken in 24 hours. Your doctor will prescribe you an appropriate dosage after examining your condition properly.
- If you are suffering from Narcolepsy, take one tablet in the morning with or without food, or as advised by the doctor.
- If you are suffering from Shift Work Sleep Disorder, take one pill 1 to 2 hours prior to your work shift. This helps the drug to dissolve into your system by the time your work shift starts.
- If you are suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnea, take a single pill in the morning with or without food, or as advised by the doctor.
The effects of Modalert 200 mg are known to last for 12 to 14 hours. This may vary depending upon factors such as age, metabolism, health conditions, etc.
Missed Dosage: If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it’s time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose. Do not take the medicine if you are planning to sleep. Skip it and continue the next day.
Overdose: An overdose of the drug should be avoided at all costs. An overdose can lead to severe side effects. If such a case arises, contact your doctor immediately.
Before you take Modalert 200 mg, tell your doctor:
- If you are allergic to Modafinil or any other drugs.
- If you have a history of stroke, heart attack, or congestive heart failure.
- If you suffer from diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, angina, etc.
- If you suffer from stress-related disorders such as anxiety, depression, etc.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a kidney or liver disease.
- If you have a history of alcohol or any form of drug abuse.
Common side effects of Modalert 200 mg include:
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Dry mouth
- Trouble sleeping (or insomnia)
- Chest pain
- Fever and chills
If you experience side effects such as hallucinations, bruising or bleeding, depression, and mood changes which include anxiety, suicidal thoughts, etc., contact your doctor immediately.
If you take any herbal, OTC, recreational, or any other form of drugs, let your doctor know about them. These medications can affect the way Modalert 200 mg works.
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Blood thinners such as warfarin
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol can increase the chances of experiencing side effects and deteriorate your health. Avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine.
Modalert 200 mg tablets should be stored properly and safely in their original packaging.
- Keep the tablets out of reach of children.
- Keep the pills away from moisture, heat, and sunlight.
- Once the pack is opened, store the tablets in an airtight container.
- Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are Modafinil and Modalert the same?
Ans. Modafinil is the generic name for the drug Modalert. Both medications work in a similar manner by promoting wakefulness to the mind.
Is Modalert 200 safe?
Ans. Modalert 200 mg is considered safe and effective for the treatment of sleep-related disorders. According to a study, Modafinil is known to have less or no adverse effects than those found in traditional psychostimulants such as amphetamine, methylphenidate or cocaine.
How much Modalert should I take?
Ans. A single pill of Modalert 200 mg is recommended to be taken once in 24 hours. It can be divided into two doses a day, 100 mg taken in the morning and 100 mg at mid-day.
What are the side effects of Modalert?
Ans. Some common side effects of Modalert include headaches, nausea, dizziness, anxiety, and insomnia. If you experience any of these side effects for long, contact your doctor immediately.
- Modafinil Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing – WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 2022 Sep 25]. Available from: https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16962/modafinil-oral/details
- Drugs H. Modafinil: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 2022 Sep 25]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a602016.html
- Kim D. Practical use and risk of modafinil, a novel waking drug. Environ Health Toxicol. 2012;27:e2012007. doi: 10.5620/eht.2012.27.e2012007. Epub 2012 Feb 22. PMID: 22375280; PMCID: PMC3286657. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3286657/
- Modafinil Provigil 100 mg Tablets – Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) – (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 2022 Sep 25]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5412/smpc#gref
Daymeon Gillies –
I heard a lot about this pill from my friends (who have sleep related issues) but never got a chance to try it myself. My job requires me to fill in extra hours every week and I have to work for 12 hours sometimes. I try hard to make both ends meet, and therefore, it isn’t possible for me to spend so much on these meds. I’m glad that I could get them at economical prices from this website. These meds have really helped me and I can now work for more than 10 hours straight without feeling lethargic.
L. Nelson –
I have tried his blue and I give them a 5 star because Alex and his staff will help and answer any questions you may have and with a smile. Thank you all so much. Keep up the great work.
Mina Fakhouri –
Great customer client relationship, Alex is a great help and enjoyed the product.. hisblue is legit and the way to go
Jesus Meza (verified owner) –
I was looking for something in particular and his blue replied fast all questions answered very nice guys and helpful .great customer service and product. Will use again thank you
Clay W (verified owner) –
I have made over 2 dozen orders with hisblue. Great communication and great delivery. 100% satisfied.