|Manufacturer||HAB Pharmaceuticals Ltd.|
|Starts In||1-2 hours|
|Lasts Long||12 hours|
|Type||Narcolepsy, Sleep Apnea|
How Artvigil 150 mg Works?
Artvigil 150 mg works to heighten the wakefulness of the brain. The active ingredient in these tablets prevents the reuptake of neurotransmitters like dopamine and norepinephrine. Their extended stay in the brain promotes its alertness and ability to concentrate.
Uses of Artvigil 150mg
This cognitive enhancer is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Excessive sleep due to narcolepsy, sleep apnea, and work shift disorder.
- Idiopathic hypersomnia
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Artvigil Dosage 150 mg
The advised dose as per the recommendations of medical experts is one tablet in 24 hours duration, and it should not be exceeded to avoid critical side effects. However, the exact dosage will be instructed by your doctor depending on the severity of your condition.
- For those suffering from a sleeping disorder such as narcolepsy, one tablet should be consumed during the day.
- For people who need medications for their shift work disorder, a tablet should be consumed one to two hours before the start of your job. This ensures that peak levels of the medication are achieved in the bloodstream before its action is required.
The impact of this medication lasts for 10-14 hours, depending on your consumer’s age, health conditions, lifestyle, and metabolic rate. You should consult a doctor before using these tablets if you suffer from any medical condition.
In case you miss a dose, take one as soon as you remember. However, if you do not need to stay awake for the next few hours, or plan on falling asleep, skip the dose entirely and resume the treatment the next day. You can consult your doctor for further assistance in such a case.
Note: Do not consume two tablets to compensate for the missed dosage as it may result in serious side effects.
Overdosing may result in serious health problems such as breathing difficulties, fluctuations in heart rate, hallucinations, etc, which may turn into life-threatening conditions. In case of any such accidents, seek immediate medical care.
Before taking the armodafinil tablet Artvigil 150 mg, tell your doctor if:
- You have allergies towards armodafinil or modafinil, or any allergies in general.
- You have a medical history of any heart conditions such as irregular heartbeat, heart attack, chest pain, enlarged heart, etc.
- You suffer from hypertension.
- You have any conditions related to the liver.
- You suffer from mental health conditions such as depression, psychosis, mania
- You have a history of substance use, whether personal or family.
- You need to operate heavy machinery or drive.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You drink or smoke occasionally, and maybe do so while using this medication.
- You are on birth control medication, especially if on hormonal contraception.
Artvigil Side Effects
Artvigil may result in the following side effects when the medication has been overdosed:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Dry mouth
In some rare cases, adverse effects such as depression, suicidal thoughts, hallucinations, irregular heartbeat, chest pain, and a severe allergic reaction may occur. In case any of these symptoms last for a long time or worsen, promptly discuss them with your doctor.
Artvigil Interactions With Other Drugs
Artvigil is known to interact with many drugs, therefore it is recommended to consult your doctor before using these tablets to rule out any potential health concerns.
- St. John’s Wort
- Levomethadyl Acetate
This is not an exhaustive list, there are a total of 410 medications that are known to interact with Armodafinil which may negatively impact your health.
Interaction with alcohol
Consumption of alcohol with Armodafinil tablets may aggravate the side effects.
Interaction with caffeine
Caffeinated beverages, chocolate, and supplemental medications containing caffeine can elevate the side effects of these tablets.
Store the Artvigil tablets safely and suitably in their original packaging.
- Store the medication at ambient temperature, away from moisture and light.
- Keep the tablets away from children and pets.
- Put the opened pack in an airtight container to protect it from moisture.
- Do not consume past the expiry date.
- Do not flush or drain the expired tablets, properly discard them with help from local waste disposal firms.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is Arvigil used for?
Artvigil 150 mg is a wakefulness-promoting drug that is administered for the treatment of sleeping disorders such as narcolepsy and sleep apnea. It has been used off-label for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), boosting alertness and focus for long hours when the work demands it.
Q2. Can I take Artvigil on an empty stomach?
Yes, Artvigil is completely safe for consumption on an empty stomach. Taking the medication with food may delay the onset of effects for an hour as the medication can be absorbed when the food gets metabolized in the gut.
Q3. Is Artvigil stronger than Modvigil?
Armodafinil (Artvigil) and Modafinil (Modvigil) are equally effective for the treatment of sleep disorders like narcolepsy, and obstructive sleep apnea, however, armodafinil is known to have long-lasting effects on the body.
Q4. How long does it take for Artvigil 150 mg to start working?
The effects of Artvigil 150 mg can be felt within 1-2 hours of consumption, depending on your age, rate of metabolism of the body, health conditions, lifestyle, etc. That is why the recommended dosage timing is 1-2 hours before the start of shift work.
Q5. What side effects can be observed with the use of Artvigil?
The side effects that may be observed are nausea, dizziness, headache, anxiety, insomnia, etc. In case you feel your symptoms might be aggravating consult your doctor immediately.
Q6. Who manufactures Artvigil?
Artvigil is a variation of the drug Waklert and is manufactured by a well-renowned name in the drug pharmaceutical industry – HAB Pharmaceuticals Ltd. These drug manufacturers produce and supply formulations and active drug ingredients in India and the USA.
elizabeth (verified owner) –
Wow! Really great customer service and my order arrived 2 days sooner than expected. i will definitely make another purchase and i appreciate what you all do!