|Starts In||30 minutes to 1 hour|
|Last Long||Up to 5 hours|
How It Works
Levitra 10 mg falls in the class of medications known as PDE 5 inhibitors. It relaxes the smooth muscles present in the blood vessel walls and increases the blood flow to the penis. An erection occurs when the penis gets filled with blood. For the blood to flow properly to the penis, the production of cGMP is necessary. cGMP controls the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. An enzyme known as PDE 5 destroys cGMP. Levitra 10 mg blocks the action of PDE 5 and stops it from causing a constriction in the arteries. This way, cGMP is produced and the penis gets filled with blood. Pressure is created in the penis that leads to an erection.
Levitra 10 mg is used for the treatment of the following problems:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – a problem that causes an inability to achieve or sustain an erection while having sexual intercourse.
Levitra 10 mg tablet should be taken once per day. It should not be consumed more than once in 24 hours. It can be taken with or without food. The drug starts showing its effects within 30 minutes and lasts for around 5 hours.
Missed Dose: Since this medicine is taken as and when needed, you are less likely to miss a dose.
Overdose: In case of an overdose, side effects can occur. If problems persist for long, contact your doctor immediately.
Before you take Levitra 10 mg, tell your doctor:
- If you are allergic to any specific medications.
- If you have a history of stroke, heart attack, or congestive heart failure.
- If you suffer from liver or kidney disease or are undergoing dialysis.
- If you suffer from epilepsy or seizures.
- If you have a blood cell disorder such as sickle cell anemia, leukemia, or multiple myeloma.
- If you have stomach ulcers.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- If you suffer from problems such as diabetes, hypertension, etc.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain and have been told not to have sexual intercourse due to health reasons.
Like any other drug, Levitra 10 mg comes with its own set of side effects. These include:
- Blurred vision
- Stuffy Nose
- Light sensitivity
If you take any form of herbal, OTC, recreational or any other drugs, let your doctor know about them. These drugs can affect the way Levitra 10 mg works.
- Alpha-blockers such as alfuzosin, doxazosin, and terazosin
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin
- Antifungal medicines such as ketoconazole
- Heart rhythm medicines such as amiodarone
- HIV Protease Inhibitors such as atazanavir, indinavir, and ritonavir
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol is known to impart negative effects on your health and causes severe side effects. Avoid consuming alcohol alongside this medication.
- Retain the medication in its original packaging.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from reach of children and pets.
- Do not use the medicine past the expiration date.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is 10 mg Levitra enough?
Levitra 10 mg tablet is recommended to be taken once in 24 hours. Based on how well you respond to the medication and the efficacy, your doctor may increase or decrease your dose.
Can I take Levitra 10 mg daily?
Levitra 10 mg should not be taken more than once in 24 hours. Follow your doctor’s prescription carefully.
- Ormrod D, Easthope SE, Figgitt DP. Vardenafil. Drugs Aging. 2002;19(3):217-27; discussion 228-9. doi: 10.2165/00002512-200219030-00005. Erratum in: Drugs Aging 2002;19(11):886. Erratum in: Drugs Aging. 2003;20(2):140. PMID: 12027779. Available from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00002512-200219030-00005
- Wang H, Guo B, Huang Z, Zhao X, Ji Z. Vardenafil in the Treatment of Male Erectile Dysfunction: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Adv Ther. 2021 Feb;38(2):1301-1313. doi: 10.1007/s12325-020-01559-9. Epub 2021 Jan 11. PMID: 33432539.
Available from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12325-020-01559-9
- Ashour AE, Rahman AF, Kassem MG. Vardenafil dihydrochloride. Profiles Drug Subst Excip Relat Methodol. 2014;39:515-44. doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-800173-8.00009-X. PMID: 24794912. Available from: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/B978012800173800009X?via%3Dihub
- Keating GM, Scott LJ. Vardenafil: a review of its use in erectile dysfunction. Drugs. 2003;63(23):2673-703. doi: 10.2165/00003495-200363230-00010. PMID: 14636086. Available from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00003495-200363230-00010
- Crowe SM, Streetman DS. Vardenafil treatment for erectile dysfunction. Ann Pharmacother. 2004 Jan;38(1):77-85. doi: 10.1345/aph.1D019. PMID: 14742800. Available from: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1345/aph.1D019
- Sofikitis N, Kaltsas A, Dimitriadis F, Rassweiler J, Grivas N, Zachariou A, Kaponis A, Tsounapi P, Paterakis N, Karagiannis A, Skouros S, Giannakis I, Champilomatis I, Paschopoulos M, Daphnis D, Giakoumakis I, R Gabales M, M Chua JB, Lantin Iii PL, Mamoulakis C, Takenaka A. The Effect of PDE5 Inhibitors on the Male Reproductive Tract. Curr Pharm Des. 2021;27(23):2697-2713. doi: 10.2174/1381612826666200226121510. PMID: 32101115. Available from: https://www.eurekaselect.com/article/104866
- Pyrgidis N, Mykoniatis I, Haidich AB, Tirta M, Talimtzi P, Kalyvianakis D, Ouranidis A, Hatzichristou D. The Effect of Phosphodiesterase-type 5 Inhibitors on Erectile Function: An Overview of Systematic Reviews. Front Pharmacol. 2021 Sep 7;12:735708. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2021.735708. PMID: 34557099; PMCID:PMC8452927. Available from: https://diabetesjournals.org/care/article/26/3/777/29274/Vardenafil-a-New-Phosphodiesterase-Type-5
Urs Wigger –
I’m diabetic and have been suffering from ED for a while now. I thought that I had completely lost it unless I went out to meet my physician. Things eventually got better when I started taking Levitra 10 mg tablets that were prescribed by my doctor. I was able to save something in my pocket after buying from this website. Nice buying experience!
mohammad althowaib –
A life changer! I’m 52 and I started facing difficulty in keeping an erection. When I started taking these wonder pills, I got back my confidence and was able to take things slowly. My wife and I really have a good time together.