|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30 minutes to 1 hour|
|Lasts Long||4 to 5 hours|
How does Suhagra 100 mg work?
Suhagra 100 mg contains the ingredient Sildenafil Citrate that relaxes the smooth muscles present in the blood vessel walls and increases the blood flow to the penis. It belongs to a class of drugs known as PDE 5 (Phosphodiesterase Type 5) inhibitors.
Due to the action of the enzyme PDE 5, blood doesn’t flow properly to the penis. Thus, an erection cannot be achieved. Suhagra inhibits the action of PDE 5 and allows the blood to flow properly. This leads to the production of cGMP that is responsible for the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. As more and more blood flows to the penis, the pressure is created in the penis. This leads to an erection.
Uses of Suhagra 100 mg
This medicine is prescribed for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – an inability to achieve or maintain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
The recommended dose of Suhagra 100 mg is one tablet per day. A single tablet is recommended to be taken once in 24 hours. The time it takes for the medicine to show its effects varies from person to person. This medicine is not recommended for people not suffering from erectile dysfunction.
Missed Dosage: This medicine is taken as and when required. Therefore, you’re less likely to miss a dose.
Overdose: An overdose of the drug can lead to serious side effects. In case of an overdose, seek medical help immediately.
Suhagra 100 mg may not be suitable for you if you suffer from any medical condition. Before you take this medicine, let your doctor know:
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other medications.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain.
- If you suffer from conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, high blood cholesterol, etc.
- If you have uncontrolled blood pressure.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- If you have a rare inherited eye condition such as retinitis pigmentosa.
- If you suffer from epilepsy or seizures.
- If you have a history of stroke, heart attack, congestive heart failure, etc.
- If you suffer from arrhythmia or irregular heartbeats.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia.
- If you have blood cell problems such as leukemia, sickle cell anemia, etc.
- If you have a kidney or liver disease.
- If you have a history of substance abuse.
- If you suffer from ischemic heart disease.
Discuss your medical history in detail with the doctor.
Side effects of Suhagra 100 mg
There are some side effects that can occur while taking Suhagra 100 mg tablet. Most of these side effects are temporary and usually go away after some time. These include:
- Visual disturbances
- Bloody and cloudy urine
- Sensitivity to light
- Nasal congestion
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
Some rare side effects include:
- A prolonged and painful erection that lasts for more than 4 hours (priapism)
- Sudden vision loss in one or both eyes (NAION)
- Trouble breathing
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects. If you experience any other side effects after using this drug, contact your doctor.
If you take any prescription or non-prescription medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements for your existing illnesses or for recreational purposes, let your doctor know about them. Certain medications can interact with Suhagra 100 mg and affect the way it works.
- Imatinib Mesylate
- Other medicines for ED
Discuss potential drug interactions with your doctor.
Interaction with alcohol
It is unsafe to consume alcohol along with this medicine. Alcohol increases the risk of experiencing side effects such as dizziness, fainting, flushing, and changes in heart rate.
Interaction with grapefruit juice
Drinking grapefruit juice along with Suhagra 100 mg can increase its plasma concentration and delay the time it takes for the medication to work.
Suhagra 100 mg tablets should be stored safely in their original packaging.
- Keep these pills out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep these pills away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight.
- Store the pills at room temperature.
- Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.When should I take Suhagra 100 pill?
Ans. Suhagra 100 mg should be taken approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before any sexual activity. It can be taken with or without food.
2. Can I take Suhagra daily?
Ans. Suhagra 100 mg should be taken as and when needed and as prescribed by the doctor. If your doctor recommends taking it daily, you can follow their advice. However, it should not be taken more than once in 24 hours.
3. Can I take Suhagra after alcohol?
Ans. Consumption of alcohol alongside this medication should be avoided at all costs. Alcohol increases the risk of side effects and you may experience a sudden drop in blood pressure.
4. Is Suhagra 100 safe?
Ans. Suhagra 100 is considered safe and effective for the treatment of ED. Take it as advised by the doctor to avoid the harmful side effects of the drug.
- Goldstein I, Tseng LJ, Creanga D, Stecher V, Kaminetsky JC. Efficacy and Safety of Sildenafil by Age in Men With Erectile Dysfunction. J Sex Med. 2016 May;13(5):852-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jsxm.2016.02.166. PMID: 27114196. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27114196/
- Hatzimouratidis K. Sildenafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction: an overview of the clinical evidence. Clin Interv Aging. 2006;1(4):403-14. doi: 10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.403. PMID: 18046917; PMCID: PMC2699643. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2699643/
- Eardley I, Ellis P, Boolell M, Wulff M. Onset and duration of action of sildenafil for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2002;53 Suppl 1(Suppl 1):61S-65S. doi: 10.1046/j.0306-5251.2001.00034.x. PMID: 11879261; PMCID: PMC1874251. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874251/