|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30 minutes to 1 hour|
|Lasts Long||4-5 hours|
How does Suhagra 100 mg work?
Suhagra 100 mg contains the ingredient Sildenafil Citrate that relaxes the smooth muscles present in the blood vessel walls and increases the blood flow to the penis. It belongs to a class of drugs known as PDE 5 (Phosphodiesterase Type 5) inhibitors.
Due to the action of the enzyme PDE 5, blood doesn’t flow properly to the penis. Thus, an erection cannot be achieved. Suhagra inhibits the action of PDE 5 and allows the blood to flow properly. This leads to the production of cGMP that is responsible for the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. As more and more blood flows to the penis, the pressure is created in the penis. This leads to an erection.
The effects of this medicine are known to last for 4-5 hours.
Uses of Suhagra 100 mg
This medicine is prescribed for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – an inability to achieve or maintain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) – a high blood pressure condition that affects the arteries in the lungs.
The recommended dose of Suhagra 100mg is one tablet per day. Do not consume more than one tablet in a single day. For best results, consume it on an empty stomach and exactly one hour before sexual intercourse. The time it takes for the medicine to show its effects varies from person to person. However, significant results can be experienced within the first hour of its consumption. Depending on factors such as age, metabolism, health condition, etc, this may vary. This medicine should not be taken by a person who doesn’t have erectile dysfunction.
Missed Dosage: This medicine is taken as and when required. Therefore, you’re less likely to miss a dose. If you have been prescribed this medicine for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, take the missed dose as soon as possible. However, if it’s time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose, and take your regular dose. Do not take double doses to make up for the missed dose.
Overdose: An overdose of the drug can lead to serious side-effects. In case of an overdose, seek medical help immediately.
Suhagra 100 mg may not be suitable for you if you suffer from any medical condition. Before you take this medicine, let your doctor know:
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other medications.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain.
- If you suffer from conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, high blood cholesterol, etc.
- If you have uncontrolled blood pressure.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- If you have a rare inherited eye condition such as retinitis pigmentosa.
- If you suffer from epilepsy or seizures.
- If you have a history of stroke, heart attack, congestive heart failure, etc.
- If you suffer from arrhythmia or irregular heartbeats.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia.
- If you have blood cell problems such as leukemia, sickle cell anemia, etc.
- If you have a kidney or liver disease.
- If you have a history of substance abuse.
- If you suffer from ischemic heart disease.
Discuss your medical history in detail with the doctor.
Side-effects of Suhagra 100 mg
There are some side-effects that can occur while taking Suhagra 100 mg tablet. Most of these side-effects are temporary and usually go away after some time. These include:
- Visual disturbances
- Bloody and cloudy urine
- Sensitivity to light
- Nasal congestion
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
Some rare side-effects include:
- A prolonged and painful erection that lasts for more than 4 hours (priapism)
- Sudden vision loss in one or both eyes (NAION)
- Trouble breathing
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side-effects. If you experience any other side-effects after using this drug, contact your doctor.
If you take any prescription or non-prescription medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements for your existing illnesses or for recreational purposes, let your doctor know about them. Certain medications can interact with Suhagra 100 mg and affect the way it works.
- Imatinib Mesylate
- Other medicines for ED
Discuss potential drug interactions with your doctor.
Interaction with alcohol
It is unsafe to consume alcohol along with this medicine. Alcohol increases the risk of experiencing side-effects such as dizziness, fainting, flushing, and changes in heart rate.
Interaction with grapefruit juice
Drinking grapefruit juice along with Suhagra 100mg can increase its plasma concentration and delay the time it takes for the medication to work.
Suhagra 100 mg tablets should be stored safely in their original packaging.
- Keep these pills out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep these pills away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight.
- Store the pills at room temperature.
- Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Where to buy Suhagra 100?
Ans. Suhagra 100 tablets can be purchased easily from Hisblue at economical prices. You can even get free pills on your order by applying coupon codes available on the website.
2. Why use the Suhagra tablet?
Ans. Suhagra tablet is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. Therefore, if you’re unable to achieve or maintain an erection and have been diagnosed with ED, this medicine will work wonders for you. It helps to increase the blood flow to the penis and give a hard erection.
3.When to take Suhagra 100 pills?
Ans. This medicine should be taken one hour before any sexual activity. For best results, consume this pill on an empty stomach with water.
4. Can I take Suhagra daily?
Ans. This medicine isn’t meant for continuous daily use. It should be taken as and when needed and as prescribed by the doctor. Do not consume more than one tablet in 24 hours.
5. Can I take Suhagra after alcohol?
Ans. Consumption of alcohol alongside this medication should be avoided at all costs. Alcohol increases the risk of side-effects and you’re likely to experience a sudden drop in blood pressure.
6. Is Suhagra 100 safe?
Ans. This medicine is completely safe and effective for the treatment of ED. Take it as advised by the doctor to avoid the harmful side-effects of the drug. If you suffer from kidney or liver disease, consult your doctor before using this medication.