|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30 minutes to 1 hour|
|Last Long||4-5 hours|
How Does It Work?
Caverta 100 mg contains Sildenafil Citrate, which works by increasing the blood flow to the penis. It relaxes the muscles present in the walls of the blood vessels and increases the blood flow throughout the body. For an erection to occur, the penis needs to be filled with adequate blood. This happens as a result of the production of a molecule known as cGMP. cGMP is responsible for the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. An enzyme known as PDE 5 (Phosphodiesterase Type 5) destroys cGMP and does not let erection occur. Caverta 100 mg blocks the action of PDE 5 and enables the production of cGMP. This allows the blood to flow to the penis easily. As more and more blood flows to the penis, pressure is created. Thus, an erection is achieved.
Caverta 100 mg is prescribed for the treatment of the following disorders:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – an inability to achieve or sustain an erection during sexual intercourse.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) – a condition that causes high blood pressure in the arteries connecting the heart and the lungs.
Caverta 100 mg tablet is recommended to be taken once in 24 hours. You should not consume more than one tablet in 24 hours, or you may experience severe side effects from the drug. For best results, it is advised to consume the tablet on an empty stomach with water. This helps the drug to dissolve into the bloodstream faster. It is recommended to take this pill one hour before sexual intercourse. The effects of this medicine last for 4-5 hours. It can vary depending on various factors such as age, metabolism, lifestyle, health conditions, etc.
Missed Dosage: Caverta is taken when required. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you take this medicine to treat Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), take the missed dose as soon as possible. If it’s time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose, and take your scheduled dose. Do not double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Overdose: Overdosing can lead to serious side effects can occur. Contact your doctor immediately if you have overdosed.
Before you take Caverta 100 mg, tell your doctor:
If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other medications.
If you take nitrates for chest pain.
If you have a history of stroke, heart attack, or congestive heart failure.
If you suffer from diabetes, hypertension, angina, etc.
If you suffer from blood cell problems such as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia.
If you have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia.
If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
If you have a rare inherited eye disease such as retinitis pigmentosa.
If you have uncontrolled blood pressure.
If you suffer from kidney or liver problems.
Common side effects of Caverta 100 mg include:
- Upset stomach
- Nasal congestion
- Back pain or muscle pain
- Chest pain
- Sensitivity to light
- Painful urination
- Burning or tingling in the arms and feet
In some rare cases, side effects such as a prolonged erection for more than 4 hours (known as Priapism) and sudden vision loss in one or both eyes (known as NAION) can occur. Contact your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms.
Certain drugs can interact with Caverta 100 mg and alter how it works. If you take herbal, OTC, recreational, or other drugs, let your doctor know about them. Here is a list of drugs that can interact with Caverta 100 mg.
- Alpha-blockers such as alfuzosin and terazosin
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin and erythromycin
- Blood thinners such as warfarin
- Oral antifungals such as itraconazole and ketoconazole
- Medicines for seizures such as carbamazepine
- Beta-blockers such as atenolol
- HIV Protease inhibitors such as atazanavir and ritonavir
- ACE Inhibitors
- Barbiturates such as butalbital
- Imatinib Mesylate
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol can increase the chances of experiencing side effects. Avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine.
- Keep the pills away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight.
- Keep the pills out of reach of children.
- Once the pack is opened, store the pills in an airtight container.
- Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.
VIAGRA 100 MG
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Who should take Caverta 100 mg?
Ans. Any person diagnosed with erectile dysfunction or undergoing PAH treatment can take Caverta 100 mg.
Q. What is the best place to buy Caverta online?
Ans. His Blue is the best place to buy Caverta 100 mg online. His Blue is widely known for its genuine products, reliable packaging, and safe delivery system. This online pharmacy educates on the price of Caverta and shares and sells ED drugs to its customers for holistic treatment. Through the online portal, you can order genuine medications online to reach your doorstep in safe packaging.
- Fink HA, Mac Donald R, Rutks IR, Nelson DB, Wilt TJ. Sildenafil for male erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2002 Jun 24;162(12):1349-60. doi: 10.1001/archinte.162.12.1349. PMID: 12076233. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/211714
- Loran OB, Ströberg P, Lee SW, Park NC, Kim SW, Tseng LJ, Collins S, Stecher VJ. Sildenafil citrate 100 mg starting dose in men with erectile dysfunction in an international, double-blind, placebo-controlled study: effect on the sexual experience and reducing feelings of anxiety about the next intercourse attempt. J Sex Med. 2009 Oct;6(10):2826-35. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2009.01428.x. PMID: 19817982. https://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/article/S1743-6095(15)32273-6/fulltext
- Smith BP, Babos M. Sildenafil. [Updated 2022 May 3]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK558978/
- Galiè N, Ghofrani HA, Torbicki A, Barst RJ, Rubin LJ, Badesch D, Fleming T, Parpia T, Burgess G, Branzi A, Grimminger F, Kurzyna M, Simonneau G; Sildenafil Use in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (SUPER) Study Group. Sildenafil citrate therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension. N Engl J Med. 2005 Nov 17;353(20):2148-57. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa050010. Erratum in: N Engl J Med. 2006 Jun 1;354(22):2400-1. PMID: 16291984. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa050010
- Sofikitis N, Kaltsas A, Dimitriadis F, Rassweiler J, Grivas N, Zachariou A, Kaponis A, Tsounapi P, Paterakis N, Karagiannis A, Skouros S, Giannakis I, Champilomatis I, Paschopoulos M, Daphnis D, Giakoumakis I, R Gabales M, M Chua JB, Lantin Iii PL, Mamoulakis C, Takenaka A. The Effect of PDE5 Inhibitors on the Male Reproductive Tract. Curr Pharm Des. 2021;27(23):2697-2713. doi: 10.2174/1381612826666200226121510. PMID: 32101115. https://www.eurekaselect.com/article/104866
- Kim JN, Oh JJ, Park DS, Hong YK, Yu YD. Influence of Alcohol on Phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors Use in Middle- to Old-Aged Men: A Comparative Study of Adverse Events. Sex Med. 2019 Dec;7(4):425-432. doi: 10.1016/j.esxm.2019.07.004. Epub 2019 Aug 20. PMID: 31444051; PMCID: PMC6963111. https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S2050116119300935
Elenor Keyz –
Given that the other generics are cost-effective, this one seemed pretty expensive to me. Nevertheless, I thought of giving it a try. Guess what? The best decision ever made. Like I have been using generics for a while now. But they take more time to kick in. But this one surely did the job and gave me a hard on within half an hour.