|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30 minutes to 1 hour|
|Lasts Long||4-5 hours|
How Does It Work?
Zeagra 100 mg tablet belongs to the group of drugs known as PDE 5 inhibitors. It contains Sildenafil Citrate, which works by blocking the action of the enzyme PDE 5 (Phosphodiesterase Type 5) and enhancing the effects of nitric oxide. Thus, it increases the blood flow to the penis and helps achieve an erection.
The enzyme PDE 5 causes constriction in the arteries and doesn’t let blood flow properly to the penis. When a person is sexually stimulated, nitric oxide is released into the penis. Nitric oxide is vital for cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) production. Nitric oxide interacts with the haem group of the enzyme soluble guanylate cyclase (sGC) and stimulates cGMP production. cGMP regulates the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. Zeagra stops the enzyme PDE 5 from destroying cGMP and allows the blood to flow properly to the penis. As cGMP is produced, more blood flows to the penis, creating pressure inside it. This leads to an erection.
This medicine is prescribed for the treatment of the following conditions:
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – a condition that makes a man unable to achieve or sustain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. It occurs due to improper blood flow to the penis caused by physical and psychological factors.
The recommended dose of Zeagra 100 mg is one tablet per day. It should not be taken more than one tablet should be taken in 24 hours. Zeagra can be taken with or without food. For best results, take it on an empty stomach with water one hour before sexual intercourse. The effects kick in within 30 minutes to 60 minutes. However, in some cases, it can take longer depending on a person’s age, metabolism, health conditions, etc. This medicine only works if you’re sexually stimulated. Do not consume the tablet if you don’t have erectile dysfunction.
Missed Dose: This medicine is taken when needed. Therefore, you’re less likely to miss a dose.
Overdose: Overdosing can deteriorate your existing condition and lead to adverse side effects. In case an overdose is suspected, seek medical help immediately.
Zeagra 100 mg may not suit you if you suffer from any medical condition. Before you take this medicine, let your doctor know:
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other medications.
- If you have a history of stroke, congestive heart failure, etc.
- If you suffer from blood cell problems such as sickle cell anemia, leukemia, multiple myeloma, etc.
- If you suffer from kidney or liver disease.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- If you have uncontrolled blood pressure.
- If you suffer from conditions such as diabetes, high blood cholesterol, hypertension, etc.
- If you have a rare inherited eye condition such as retinitis pigmentosa.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain.
- If you suffer from epilepsy or seizures.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you suffer from ischemic heart disease.
- If you are an alcoholic or have a history of substance abuse.
If you suffer from any medical conditions not listed here, let your doctor know about them. Discuss your medical history in detail with the doctor before taking Zeagra.
Side effects of Zeagra 100 mg
Zeagra comes with certain side effects. Most of these side effects are temporary and go away after some time.
Some common side effects include:
- Upset stomach
- Muscle pain
- Visual disturbances
- Rare side effects of the medication include:
- Chest pain
- Trouble breathing
- NAION (sudden vision loss in one or both eyes)
- Decrease/loss of hearing
- Priapism (a prolonged and painful erection lasting for more than 4 hours)
The above list shouldn’t be seen as a complete guide to side effects. If you experience any other side effects of the medication, report it to the doctor.
If you take any prescription or non-prescription drugs or vitamins and herbal supplements, let your doctor know about them. Certain medications can interact with Zeagra 100 mg and alter how it works.
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin
- Antifungals such as ketoconazole
- HIV drugs such as ritonavir
- Medications for seizures such as carbamazepine
- Alpha-blockers such as terazosin
- Beta-blockers such as atenolol
- Isosorbide Dinitrate and Isosorbide Mononitrate
- Anticoagulants (blood thinners) such as warfarin
- Other medicines for ED
This isn’t a complete list of potential drug interactions. Discuss possible drug interactions with your doctor before starting this medicine.
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol increases the risk of adverse side effects and reduces the chances of getting an erection. Drinking alcohol alongside Zeagra 100mg is not advised.
Interaction with grapefruit juice
Grapefruit juice contains furanocoumarins that increase the likelihood of adverse side effects. It also raises the levels of Zeagra in the body and delays the time taken for the medication to work. Therefore, it should not be consumed while taking Zeagra 100 mg.
These pills should be kept out of the reach of children and pets.
Keep the pills away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight.
Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.
Keep the pills in a cool and dry place in an airtight container.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Where to buy Zeagra online?
Ans. Zeagra 100mg tablet can be purchased easily from HisBlue at pocket-friendly prices.
Q. Can I take Zeagra with alcohol?
Ans. No. Avoid consuming alcohol with Zeagra. Alcohol increases the risk of side effects and deteriorates your existing condition.
Q. Zeagra vs. Viagra – what’s the difference?
Ans. Both medicines contain the same active ingredient, Sildenafil Citrate, which helps to increase the blood flow to the penis. There’s no chemical difference between the Sildenafil Citrate used in Viagra and Zeagra. The only difference might be the shape and size of the tablet.
- Fink HA, Mac Donald R, Rutks IR, Nelson DB, Wilt TJ. Sildenafil for male erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2002 Jun 24;162(12):1349-60. doi: 10.1001/archinte.162.12.1349. PMID: 12076233. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/211714
- Loran OB, Ströberg P, Lee SW, Park NC, Kim SW, Tseng LJ, Collins S, Stecher VJ. Sildenafil citrate 100 mg starting dose in men with erectile dysfunction in an international, double-blind, placebo-controlled study: effect on the sexual experience and reducing feelings of anxiety about the next intercourse attempt. J Sex Med. 2009 Oct;6(10):2826-35. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2009.01428.x. PMID: 19817982. https://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/article/S1743-6095(15)32273-6/fulltext
- Smith BP, Babos M. Sildenafil. [Updated 2022 May 3]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK558978/
- Galiè N, Ghofrani HA, Torbicki A, Barst RJ, Rubin LJ, Badesch D, Fleming T, Parpia T, Burgess G, Branzi A, Grimminger F, Kurzyna M, Simonneau G; Sildenafil Use in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (SUPER) Study Group. Sildenafil citrate therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension. N Engl J Med. 2005 Nov 17;353(20):2148-57. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa050010. Erratum in: N Engl J Med. 2006 Jun 1;354(22):2400-1. PMID: 16291984. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa050010
- Sofikitis N, Kaltsas A, Dimitriadis F, Rassweiler J, Grivas N, Zachariou A, Kaponis A, Tsounapi P, Paterakis N, Karagiannis A, Skouros S, Giannakis I, Champilomatis I, Paschopoulos M, Daphnis D, Giakoumakis I, R Gabales M, M Chua JB, Lantin Iii PL, Mamoulakis C, Takenaka A. The Effect of PDE5 Inhibitors on the Male Reproductive Tract. Curr Pharm Des. 2021;27(23):2697-2713. doi: 10.2174/1381612826666200226121510. PMID: 32101115. https://www.eurekaselect.com/article/104866
- Kim JN, Oh JJ, Park DS, Hong YK, Yu YD. Influence of Alcohol on Phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors Use in Middle- to Old-Aged Men: A Comparative Study of Adverse Events. Sex Med. 2019 Dec;7(4):425-432. doi: 10.1016/j.esxm.2019.07.004. Epub 2019 Aug 20. PMID: 31444051; PMCID: PMC6963111. https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S2050116119300935