|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30 minutes to 1 hour|
|Lasts Long||Up to 4 to 5 hours|
How Does It Work?
Kamagra 100 mg contains Sildenafil Citrate which is a PDE5 (phosphodiesterase type 5) inhibitor. Erectile dysfunction happens because of constricted arteries/ blood vessels that restrict the blood flow in the penis. Sildenafil Citrate inhibits the PDE5 responsible for this constriction while increasing nitric oxide (NO) release resulting in the dilation of the blood vessels in the corpus cavernosum. It does so by preventing cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate) breakdown. cGMP makes the contraction-dilation of blood vessels possible. The constant contraction and dilation of the muscle cells lining the blood vessels increases the blood pressure in the penis and helps achieve an erection.
Kamagra 100 mg is used for the treatment of the following conditions-
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED or impotence)- an inability to either gain or maintain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)- a rare disorder that affects the arteries of the lungs by increasing the blood pressure in them.
The recommended dosage is one Kamagra 100 mg tablet per day. Do not consume more than one tablet within 24 hours. It generally starts working within an hour of intake. However, this may vary depending on the person’s age, metabolism rate, and other medical conditions.
Since this medicine is taken as and when needed for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you have been prescribed this medicine for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it’s time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose. Talk to your doctor about what happens when a dose is missed.
An overdose of the drug can lead to some severe side effects. Contact your doctor or a healthcare provider immediately if you experience any side effects.
Kamagra 100 mg may not be suitable if you suffer from any medical condition. Before you take this medicine, let your doctor know:
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other medications.
- If you have had strokes or congestive heart failure in the past.
- If you have blood cell-related diseases like leukemia, sickle-cell anemia, etc.
- If you suffer from a seizure disorder or epilepsy.
- If you have a physically deformed penis or suffer from Peyronie’s.
- If you have problems related to the kidneys and lungs.
- If you’re taking nitrates to relieve chest pain.
- If you consume large quantities of alcoholic beverages or have a history of any other drug abuse.
- If you have abnormal blood pressure.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have ischemic or coronary heart disease.
- Discuss your medical history in detail with the doctor.
Common side effects of Kamagra 100 mg include:
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Dry mouth
- Nose bleed
Some rare but more severe side effects may include:
- Priapism i.e., an erection that lasts more than four hours and is painful.
- Trouble breathing
- NAION (a sudden loss or decrease in eye vision)
- Heart palpitations or irregular heartbeats
- Chest pain
If any of the above-mentioned side effects persist for long, contact your doctor immediately.
If you take any prescription or non-prescription medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements, let your doctor know about them. Certain medications can interact with Kamagra 100 mg and affect the way it works.
- Any other medication for erectile dysfunction
- Other products containing nitrates
- Alpha-blockers like doxazosin and alfuzosin
- Carbamazepine or other medicines prescribed for seizures
- Oral antifungal medicines like ketoconazole
- Anticoagulants like warfarin
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection
- Medicines for treating prostrate problems of high blood pressure problem
This isn’t a complete list of potential drug interactions. Discuss possible drug interactions with your doctor before starting this medicine.
Interaction with Alcohol
The risk of side effects is enhanced due to alcohol consumption. Avoid taking alcohol before or after Kamagra 100 mg as it may cause a sudden drop in your blood pressure and make you dizzy.
Interaction with Grapefruit Juice
Eating grapes or consuming grapefruit juice along with Kamagra 100 mg may increase the bioavailability of the drug and delay its absorption.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- It should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, excessive heat, and moisture.
- If the pack has expired, do not consume the pills.
- Dispose of the expired tablets safely with your local waste collection department’s guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.Is Kamagra 100 mg safe to use?
Ans. Kamagra 100 mg is considered safe and effective for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Q. Is Kamagra the same as Viagra?
Ans. Kamagra contains the same active ingredient as Viagra – Sildenafil Citrate. But the former is a generic version, making it cost-effective.
Q. How long does Kamagra 100 mg last?
Ans. The effects of Kamagra 100 mg last for around 4 to 5 hours. Sometimes, it may last longer depending on factors such as age, metabolism, medical condition, etc.
- Fink HA, Mac Donald R, Rutks IR, Nelson DB, Wilt TJ. Sildenafil for male erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2002 Jun 24;162(12):1349-60. doi: 10.1001/archinte.162.12.1349. PMID: 12076233. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/211714
- Loran OB, Ströberg P, Lee SW, Park NC, Kim SW, Tseng LJ, Collins S, Stecher VJ. Sildenafil citrate 100 mg starting dose in men with erectile dysfunction in an international, double-blind, placebo-controlled study: effect on the sexual experience and reducing feelings of anxiety about the next intercourse attempt. J Sex Med. 2009 Oct;6(10):2826-35. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2009.01428.x. PMID: 19817982. https://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/article/S1743-6095(15)32273-6/fulltext
- Smith BP, Babos M. Sildenafil. [Updated 2022 May 3]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK558978/
- Galiè N, Ghofrani HA, Torbicki A, Barst RJ, Rubin LJ, Badesch D, Fleming T, Parpia T, Burgess G, Branzi A, Grimminger F, Kurzyna M, Simonneau G; Sildenafil Use in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (SUPER) Study Group. Sildenafil citrate therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension. N Engl J Med. 2005 Nov 17;353(20):2148-57. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa050010. Erratum in: N Engl J Med. 2006 Jun 1;354(22):2400-1. PMID: 16291984. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa050010
- Sofikitis N, Kaltsas A, Dimitriadis F, Rassweiler J, Grivas N, Zachariou A, Kaponis A, Tsounapi P, Paterakis N, Karagiannis A, Skouros S, Giannakis I, Champilomatis I, Paschopoulos M, Daphnis D, Giakoumakis I, R Gabales M, M Chua JB, Lantin Iii PL, Mamoulakis C, Takenaka A. The Effect of PDE5 Inhibitors on the Male Reproductive Tract. Curr Pharm Des. 2021;27(23):2697-2713. doi: 10.2174/1381612826666200226121510. PMID: 32101115. https://www.eurekaselect.com/article/104866
- Kim JN, Oh JJ, Park DS, Hong YK, Yu YD. Influence of Alcohol on Phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors Use in Middle- to Old-Aged Men: A Comparative Study of Adverse Events. Sex Med. 2019 Dec;7(4):425-432. doi: 10.1016/j.esxm.2019.07.004. Epub 2019 Aug 20. PMID: 31444051; PMCID: PMC6963111. https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S2050116119300935
- Jetter A, Kinzig-Schippers M, Walchner-Bonjean M, Hering U, Bulitta J, Schreiner P, Sörgel F, Fuhr U. Effects of grapefruit juice on the pharmacokinetics of sildenafil. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2002 Jan;71(1):21-9. doi: 10.1067/mcp.2002.121236. PMID: 11823754. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11823754/