|Starts In||30-60 minutes|
|Last Long||Up to 36 hours|
How does Tadaflo 20 mg Work
Improper flow of blood towards penile tissue may cause erectile dysfunction in men. This can happen as a side effect of any medication that you are taking or because of any medical conditions that impact reproductive organs. Psychological reasons may also impact a man’s ability to successfully achieve and sustain an erection.
- Similar to Cialis or Viagra, these pills also act on the smooth muscles in the penis and relax them.
- Nitric oxide is released inside the penis on sexual stimulation, which facilitates the production of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP).
- cGMP controls the amount of blood that enters the penis by regulating the compaction and dilation of the blood-carrying vessels.
- When the blood flow to the penis increases, firm erection results.
- The natural body process that controls the duration of erection is an enzyme called Phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE5) which opposes the activity of cGMP.
- The active element in the Tadaflo tablets restricts PDE 5 enzyme from working and prolongs the erection.
Uses of Tadaflo 20 mg
The scope of Tadaflo 20 mg tablets covers the treatment therapy of the below-listed conditions.
- Erectile Dysfunction – an ailment affecting the penile tissue that results in the inability to get an erection and maintain it for some time.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia – a medical condition where the prostate gland enlarges resulting in urination difficulties.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension – a disorder where the blood pressure of the pulmonary arteries increases.
To determine an accurate dosage that would effectively manage your condition, it is important to discuss with your doctor and follow the instructions carefully. The general guidelines for use of Tadaflo tablets are as follow:
- Do not crush or break the tablet. Consume it whole, orally with a glass of water.
- The absorption of these tablets is not affected by food, therefore you can consume it with or without food.
- When used for ED: Take one tablet orally at least thirty minutes before the expected activity.
- Do not exceed the dosage of more than one tablet in 24 hours as its effects last for a long time (more than 24 hours).
- When used for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia or Pulmonary Artery Hypertension: Take one tablet around the same time every day. This helps in the maintenance of a consistent level of Tadalafil which alleviates the symptoms.
- As the tablets are required to be consumed on-demand, the chances of forgetting to take one are low.
- In case you have been instructed to take it every day and miss one dose, consume it as soon as you remember.
- However, if the time of your next dose is approaching, skip the dose altogether and carry on with your normal schedule.
- It is recommended to avoid taking an extra dose to reimburse for the missed one. Taking more than the recommended dose increases the odds of experiencing adverse health effects.
Overdosing on Tadalafil-containing pills may result in serious complications. Therefore, it is recommended to seek medical assistance in such a scenario. The concerning symptoms are:
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of consciousness
Tadaflo 20 mg, like many other medications, should be used with caution in some medical conditions. Discuss with your doctor regarding their safety if you suffer from any one of the following listed ailments.
- If you have any known allergies to Tadalafil or any other medication.
- If you are on nitrate medications.
- If your blood pressure fluctuates.
- If you suffer from any kidney or liver disorder or have had any such disorders previously.
- If you have or have had any cardiovascular disease such as cardiac arrest, stroke.
- If you have suffered any eyesight issues as a result of reduced blood flow to eye tissue.
- If you suffer from a penile physical deformation.
- If you have sickle cell anemia or blood cells cancer issues like leukemia or multiple myeloma.
The common side effects experienced with the use of Tadaflo are:
- Pain in legs and arms
- Muscle pain
- Facial Flushing
- Congestion of the nasal passage
Even though rare, some serious complications are also reported with the use of Tadaflo. If the below-listed symptoms are confronted, it is advised to contact a healthcare professional without delay.
- Allergic response – rashes, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat, or difficulty in breathing.
- Chest pain
- Sudden distress with vision or hearing.
- Increased perspiration.
- Penile bleeding
- Priapism or a prolonged painful erection (> 4 hours).
- Swelling and redness of the eye.
- Pain in the chest during or after sex.
Interactions With Other Drugs
Like any other medication, Tadaflo 20 mg tablets can interact with some prescription and over-the-counter medications. These reactions can cause adverse health effects or impact the effectiveness. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about the prescription medications, multivitamins, or herbal supplements that you may be using. This can help in determining a safe dosage to prevent drug interactions.
- Pulmonary artery hypertension medication – Riociguat
- Drugs belonging to the class Protease-inhibitors (used for AIDS/HIV therapy).
- Antifungal medications – Ketoconazole
- Antibiotics – Erythromycin, Rifampin, Clarithromycin.
- Other PDE5-inhibiting drugs – used for BPH treatment.
- Treatment medications for seizures – Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital.
Interaction with Alcohol
Alcohol causes dilation of the blood vessels, therefore, it is recommended to avoid consuming alcohol with Tadaflo 20 mg tablets as your blood pressure may fall considerably and negatively impact your health.
- The tablets should be stored in their original packaging at room temperature.
- The pills should be protected from high moisture and temperatures.
- Keep them safely away from the reach of children.
- Expired tablets should not be consumed and safely disposed of in compliance with the local waste collection department guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How does Tadaflo 20 mg provide relief from the symptoms?
- In the case of erectile dysfunction, Tadaflo 20 mg works to stop the action of phosphodiesterase 5 enzyme and increases the blood flow towards the penile tissue, and prolongs the erection.
- In Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, the active agent in Tadaflo 20 mg loosens the muscles of the prostate and bladder to alleviate difficulties urinating.
- For managing Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, the pills work to widen the blood vessels to regulate the pressure of blood inside them.
Q2. Is it okay to take more than one Tadaflo 20 mg in a day?
- To avoid any critical side effects, it is recommended to not exceed the recommended dosage of more than one tablet in 24 hours.
Q3. Is Tadaflo as effective as Cialis or Viagra?
- Yes. The active ingredient in Tadaflo, Cialis, and Viagra is a PDE5 inhibitor that works efficiently for the management of erectile dysfunction symptoms.
Q4. How do Tadaflo Tablets affect blood pressure?
- Tadaflo pills cause the walls of blood vessels to relax and which causes the blood pressure to drop. Therefore, this medication should be used with caution by those who suffer from blood pressure instabilities.
Q5. Can Tadaflo 20 mg be used for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension in women?
- Tadaflo is safe for use as part of the therapeutic program against pulmonary arterial hypertension in women. However, it may not be safe in pregnancy and breastfeeding. In case of pregnancy or breastfeeding, discuss the safety of this medication with your doctor. The data supporting the effects of Tadaflo for pregnant and breastfeeding women isn’t sufficient to deduce whether the drug would be safe for the fetus or the breastfed baby.
Q6. Will the use of Tadaflo affect the ability to drive or operate machinery?
- As blurred vision, dizziness, and reduced concentration are known side effects faced by some people, it is recommended to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery till you are familiar with how Tadaflo reacts in your body.