How does Vidalista 5 mg work
Tadalafil, the main ingredient of Vidalista comes under a class of medicines called PDE-5 inhibitors. Its mode of action is straight and simple, it stops the PDE-5 enzyme from destroying the cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) molecules. A high cGMP concentration is very important for getting a rigid erection, and its depletion is very often the cause of ED. A high cGMP level leads to the dilation of the penile muscles which further results in greater blood flow and the eventual erection. Tadalafil works in the same fashion to increase blood flow in the vessels carrying blood to the lungs and eases the symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Lastly, it also helps with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or enlarged prostate. It does so by reducing the pressure in the bladder muscles so that there is less difficulty in urinating.
However, remember that tadalafil (Vidalista 5 mg) works only when you are sexually stimulated. This is because the stimulation leads to the release of nitric oxide (NO) in your brain which allows the drug to work properly.
Uses of Vidalista 5 mg
Primarily, Vidalista 5 mg is used to treat the symptoms of erectile dysfunction (aka impotence) in men. One may take it on a regular basis or based on their need.
Additionally, the drug has also been successfully used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
For ED, the general prescription is one Vidalista 5 mg tablet a day every day, preferably taken at the same time each day. However, if you occasionally experience ED, you can take 5 or 10 mg of Vidalista just an hour before having sex. Depending on the severity of your condition and other factors, your doctor may increase the dose further. You can take it with or without food but the latter is suggested. Do not split the tablet unless your doctor tells you to do so.
For BPH and PAH, the usual dose is one Vidalista 5 mg pill a day. However, check with a doctor for the exact dose suitable for your condition. If you are taking it for ED and either BPH or PAH, talk to your doctor and take only one tablet a day.
If you take Vidalista only when you require it, you cannot miss a dose. But if you are to take it daily, you should schedule a time for it. Doing so will minimize your chances of forgetting a dose. If you still happen to miss a dose, you should take it as soon you’re reminded of it. Take care to not consume the missed dose if the next scheduled dose is due within the next 12 hours or less.
If you take Vidalista for PAH or BPH, never stop taking it without your doctor’s advice as it will worsen your condition.
Avoid taking an overdose of Vidalista 5mg as it can cause side effects. Although it is safe to consume up to 40 mg of tadalafil in a day, you should still try to not take more than your prescribed dose. The side effects include nausea, headache, and vision changes. Contact your doctor in case you observe any symptoms of overdose.
It is important to take certain precautions before taking Vidalista 5 mg. Speak to your doctor about your present and past health conditions (if any). It will help them in deciding if you should take this drug or not and in what quantity. People with certain health conditions must be cautious with the use of tadalafil.
- If you are allergic to tadalafil
- If you have suffered a heart attack in the past or have had an irregular heartbeat
- If you have a chronic disease related to the kidney
- If you suffer from PAH and take other medications to treat it
- If you suffer from a chronic heart disease
- If you have abnormal blood pressure
- If you have a history of vision loss
- If you are prone to dehydration
- If you have any penis condition, like angulation, Peyronie’s disease, or fibrosis/scarring
- If you have a history of long painful erection (priapism)
- If you have sickle-cell anemia or multiple myeloma or leukemia
- If you have bleeding disorders
- If you have active stomach ulcers
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding (this drug is not safe for women, especially pregnant women)
If you are about to have surgery, including dental surgery, let your doctor know in advance about all the medicines you take.
Side effects of Vadalista 5 mg
Although Vadalista 5 mg is well-tolerated, there may be some common and mild side effects like:
- Hot flushes
- Muscle pain
- Mild diarrhea
These symptoms should go away on their own. Some more serious side effects, that may be a consequence of an excessive dose are:
- Severe lightheadedness
- Pain in the chest, arm, or back
- Skin rashes
- Non-arteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy-NAION, i.e., sudden loss of eyesight
- A continuous ringing sensation in your ears
- Respiratory issues
If you are experiencing any of these, immediately contact your physician.
Interaction With Other Drugs
It is crucial for your doctor to have a knowledge of all the medicines (prescription and OTC), herbal products, vitamin supplements you take. Vidalista is known to interact with some drugs which either reduce its efficiency or make it harmful for you.
- Nitrates like nitroglycerine and isosorbide taken for heart problems or ‘poppers’ like butyl nitrate used for recreational purposes (suddenly drops the blood pressure)
- Alpha-blocker drugs used to treat BPH like tamsulosin, alfuzosin, and doxazosin
- Beta-blockers like atenolol
- Azole antifungals like ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Warfarin or any other anticoagulants (aka blood thinners)
- Antibiotics like clarithromycin or erythromycin
- Epilepsy drugs such as carbamazepine
- HIV Protease inhibitors such as fosamprenavir and ritonavir
- Hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors like boceprevir and telaprevir
- Other ED medications
Please note that this list does not enlist all the possible drug interactions.
Interaction With Alcohol
Alcohol may cause a sudden drop in your blood pressure when taken with tadalafil. This may cause dizziness. Avoid consuming alcohol with this drug.
Interaction with grapefruit juice
The CYP3A4 enzyme, present in the liver, metabolizes tadalafil. Grapefruit or its juice can increase the level of this enzyme in your body and cause Vadalista 5 mg to work slowly.
Keep the Vadalista pills in the packaging they originally came in. Following conditions will ensure its safety-
- Keep the tablets at room temperature and away from direct sunlight
- Don’t keep them in a damp, moist place like the bathroom
- Do not consume expired pills
- Keep them out of the reach of children and pet animals
- Do not flush the discarded pills or package; talk to a medicine take-back program or your pharmacist about it
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How long will I stay in bed after taking Vidalista 5 mg?
Ans- Depending on your age, tolerance, and other health conditions, Vidalista 5 mg should increase your climax time by 3-5 minutes. It remains effective for about 3-5 hours.
Q2. Is there a difference between Vidalista and Cialis?
Ans- Both the medicines contain the active ingredient Tadalafil. But Vidalista is the generic version whereas Cialis is the brand name. So, the former costs less than the latter.
Q3. What should I know before I start taking Vidalista 5 mg?
Ans- It can be occasionally without a doctor’s prescription but if you want to use it for a long time, consult a doctor. It may cause a sudden blood pressure drop when combined with nitrate medicines or alcohol. Never take a double dose of Vidalista as it can cause side effects like nausea, body pain, diarrhea, vision changes, hearing problems, priapism, etc.