|Starts In||30 to 60 minutes|
|Lasts Long||Up to 36 hours|
How does Vidalista 40 mg work
Vidalista 40 mg contains Tadalafil, which is a PDE5 inhibitor. It works by relaxing the smooth muscles in the blood vessel walls and increasing the blood flow to the penis. It blocks the action of PDE5 and prevents cGMP breakdown. cGMP is responsible for the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. Tadalafil present in Vidalista 40 mg allows cGMP to be produced properly so that blood can flow easily to the penis. As more and more blood flow to the penis, pressure is created. This leads to an erection.
Vidalista 40 mg is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) – a condition that makes it difficult to achieve or sustain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) – age-associated prostate gland enlargement that causes painful and frequent urination.
Vidalista 40 mg tablet is recommended to be taken once per day. It should not be taken more than once in 24 hours. It can be taken with or without food. It should be taken approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before any sexual activity or as advised by the doctor. A person needs to be sexually stimulated for this medicine to work properly.
This medicine is taken as and when needed. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you have been prescribed this medicine for the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), the missed dose should be taken as soon as possible. If it’s time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose. Talk to your doctor about what happens when a dose is missed.
An overdose of the drug can lead to serious side effects. If you experience any side effects for long, seek medical attention immediately.
Before you take Vidalista 40 mg, tell your doctor:
- If you take any medicines containing nitrates. Nitrates are commonly used to treat angina.
- If you take recreational drugs called “poppers” like amyl nitrite and butyl nitrite.
- If you take any medicines called guanylate cyclase stimulators, such as riociguat.
- If you are allergic to Cialis.
- If you suffer from diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, etc.
- If you suffer from any physical deformity of the penis.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you suffer from retinitis pigmentosa.
- If you have blood cell problems such as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, etc.
- If you have kidney problems or require dialysis.
Common side effects of Vidalista 40 mg include:
- Upset stomach
- Back pain
- Blocked nose
- Muscle pain
- Flushed skin
If you experience an allergic reaction to the drug such as hives, face swelling, difficulty breathing, seek medical help immediately.
If you take any herbal, OTC, or any other form of drugs to treat your existing health condition or for any other purposes, let your doctor know about them. Certain drugs can interact with Vidalista 40 mg and affect the way it works.
- Nitrates (nitroglycerin, isosorbide)
- Drugs containing amyl or butyl nitrite
- Alpha blocker medication (doxazosin, tamsulosin, alfuzosin, dutasteride, prazosin, silodosin,terazosin)
- Azole antifungals (such as itraconazole, ketoconazole, fluconazole, griseofulvin, itraconazole, ketoconazole, and voriconazole)
- Macrolide antibiotics (such as clarithromycin, erythromycin)
- HIV protease inhibitors (such as fosamprenavir, ritonavir, indinavir, nelfinavir, lovastatin)
- Hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors (such as boceprevir, telaprevir)
- Other medicines for treating erectile dysfunction
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol can increase the chances of lowering your blood pressure. It can also cause some serious side effects. Avoid consuming alcohol alongside this medication.
- Store the medicine in a container with the lid closed tightly.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep the medicine away from heat, moisture, and light.
- Store it at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How much Vidalista 40 mg should I take?
Ans: The recommended dose of Vidalista 40 mg is one tablet per day. It should not be taken more than once in 24 hours.
2. When to take Vidalista 40 mg?
Ans: This tablet should be taken approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before planned sexual activity or as advised by the doctor.
3. How long does Vidalista 40 mg last?
Ans: The effects of Vidalista 40 mg last for around 36 hours.
- Coward RM, Carson CC. Tadalafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2008 Dec;4(6):1315-30. doi: 10.2147/tcrm.s3336. PMID: 19337438; PMCID: PMC2643112. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2643112/
- Hatzimouratidis K. A review of the use of Tadalafil in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia in men with and without erectile dysfunction. Ther Adv Urol. 2014 Aug;6(4):135-47. doi: 10.1177/1756287214531639. PMID: 25083163; PMCID: PMC4054509. Available from: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1756287214531639
- Gong B, Ma M, Xie W, Yang X, Huang Y, Sun T, Luo Y, Huang J. Direct comparison of Tadalafil with sildenafil for the treatment of erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Int Urol Nephrol. 2017 Oct;49(10):1731-1740. doi: 10.1007/s11255-017-1644-5. Epub 2017 Jul 24. PMID: 28741090; PMCID: PMC5603624. Available from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11255-017-1644-5
- Frajese GV, Pozzi F, Frajese G. Tadalafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction; an overview of the clinical evidence. Clin Interv Aging. 2006;1(4):439-49. doi: 10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.439. PMID: 18046921; PMCID: PMC2699638. Available from: https://www.atypon-link.com/DMP/doi/abs/10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.439