|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30-60 minutes|
|Lasts Long||Up to 36 hours|
How Does It Work?
Eriacta 100 mg tablets contain Sildenafil citrate as its active ingredient, which obstructs the action of the PDE5 enzyme and increases the production and activity of nitric oxide in the penile tissue. When sexually aroused, nitric oxide gets released to activate the granulated enzyme cyclase, leading to the cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) elevation—increased cGMP influences the smooth muscles of the penis to relax and promote the flow of blood into the penis to result in a firm penile erection. Typically, the PDE5 enzyme inhibits the activity of cGMP, but Sildenafil, present in the Eriacta 100 mg stops the action of the PDE5 enzyme and results in sustained erection of the penis.
In the case of pulmonary arterial hypertension, Eriacta 100 mg acts on the pulmonary arteries and helps dilate them to lower the blood pressure.
- Eriacta 100 mg tablets are used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. Those suffering from ED cannot acquire or maintain an erect penis to enjoy pleasurable sexual intercourse.
- It is also administered for the treatment of Pulmonary arterial hypertension, where the pulmonary arteries experience high blood pressure.
Eriacta 100 mg contains Sildenafil citrate. It is required to be taken whole with a glass of water. Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the use of these tablets for effective results.
The recommended dosage is one tablet 30-60 minutes prior to sexual activity. The medication will only work if the person is sexually arousal.
When daily consumption is advised, make sure to consume no more than one tablet daily, with a gap of 24 hours between two doses.
The chances of forgetting a dose are rare as Eriacta 100 mg is taken when needed. If you are required to take it every day, there is a chance that you may forget to take it. In case you do, take it when you remember, unless it is the time for your next dose. It is advised to skip and continue with the regular schedule from the next day. Do not double dose within a 24-hour window.
Overdosing can lead to serious side effects. If an overdose is suspected, report it to your doctor immediately.
Certain conditions may interact with Eriacta 100 mg to impact its effects or result in aggravated side effects. Inform your doctor:
- If you have had an allergic reaction to sildenafil citrate or any other medication.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you suffer from diabetes, increased blood cholesterol, or hypertension.
- If you have or have had, cardiovascular disease, coronary artery disease, stroke, chest pain, arrhythmia, or heart attack.
- If you have any ailments of the liver.
- If you suffer from bleeding disorders.
- If you have any blood cancer condition – leukemia or multiple myeloma.
- If you have retinitis pigmentosa, an inherited condition that affects the retina.
Like any medication, Eriacta 100 mg may also result in certain side effects.
- Facial flushing
- Nasal congestion
- A sensation of buzzing or ringing in the ears
- Increased heartbeat
- Tearing of the eye
- Some people may experience severe side effects because of improper use of Eriacta tablets. If you experience any of the below-listed reactions, seek immediate medical assistance.
- Allergic reaction – hives, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat, or difficulty in breathing.
- Disturbances in vision or loss of it.
- Difficulty in differentiating the blue and green colors.
- Sudden hearing loss.
- Feeling of numbness or tingle in the limbs.
- Cloudy and/or bloody urine
- Painful urination
- A painful erection that lasts for more than 4 hours.
Eriacta 100 mg can interact with other drugs and alter how it works. Inform your pharmacists or doctor about all the medications, prescription, nonprescription, multivitamins, or herbal, you may be taking to avoid any health effects. Here is a list of drugs that can interact with Eriacta 100 mg.
- ACE inhibitors
- Imatinib mesylate
Interaction with Alcohol
The use of alcohol is known to cause dizziness. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid using Eriacta with alcohol as it may increase dizziness. Moreover, some alcoholic drinks contain ethyl alcohol which reacts severely to Sildenafil and results in severe health impacts.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store them away from the sources of moisture and heat.
- Do not consume the expired tablets, and dispose of them safely with your local waste collection department’s guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is it okay to take the Eriacta tablets as often as I want?
Ans. No. Taking more than one tablet of Eriacta 100 mg strength may result in severe side effects. It is recommended to take one tablet a day, or as advised by your doctor, and maintain a gap of 24 hours between the next dose.
Q. Can the use of Eriacta tablets impact the ability to drive?
Ans. As Eriacta tablets may affect alertness, vision, and also exhibit effects of dizziness, it is advised not to drive or operate heavy machinery when using this medication.
Q. When should the Eriacta tablet be taken to get an effective response?
Asn. Consume one Eriacta 100 mg tablet with water, one hour before you plan on getting sexually intimate. If you experience discomfort or feel the medication is not working for you, contact your doctor immediately.
Q. Can Eriacta tablets also treat premature ejaculation?
Ans. There is no evidence-based data available to make claims that Eriacta may prove to be beneficial in the treatment of premature ejaculation. It is utilized for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and pulmonary hypertension.
Q. How does Eriacta tablet affect blood pressure?
Ans. Eriacta tablets relax the smooth muscles of the blood vessels and cause them to dilate, which causes the blood pressure to fall. Therefore, it is advised to be used with caution with blood pressure control medications.
- Fink HA, Mac Donald R, Rutks IR, Nelson DB, Wilt TJ. Sildenafil for male erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2002 Jun 24;162(12):1349-60. doi: 10.1001/archinte.162.12.1349. PMID: 12076233. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/211714
- Loran OB, Ströberg P, Lee SW, Park NC, Kim SW, Tseng LJ, Collins S, Stecher VJ. Sildenafil citrate 100 mg starting dose in men with erectile dysfunction in an international, double-blind, placebo-controlled study: effect on the sexual experience and reducing feelings of anxiety about the next intercourse attempt. J Sex Med. 2009 Oct;6(10):2826-35. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2009.01428.x. PMID: 19817982. https://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/article/S1743-6095(15)32273-6/fulltext
- Smith BP, Babos M. Sildenafil. [Updated 2022 May 3]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK558978/
- Galiè N, Ghofrani HA, Torbicki A, Barst RJ, Rubin LJ, Badesch D, Fleming T, Parpia T, Burgess G, Branzi A, Grimminger F, Kurzyna M, Simonneau G; Sildenafil Use in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (SUPER) Study Group. Sildenafil citrate therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension. N Engl J Med. 2005 Nov 17;353(20):2148-57. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa050010. Erratum in: N Engl J Med. 2006 Jun 1;354(22):2400-1. PMID: 16291984. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa050010
- Kim JN, Oh JJ, Park DS, Hong YK, Yu YD. Influence of Alcohol on Phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors Use in Middle- to Old-Aged Men: A Comparative Study of Adverse Events. Sex Med. 2019 Dec;7(4):425-432. doi: 10.1016/j.esxm.2019.07.004. Epub 2019 Aug 20. PMID: 31444051; PMCID: PMC6963111. https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S2050116119300935
- Sofikitis N, Kaltsas A, Dimitriadis F, Rassweiler J, Grivas N, Zachariou A, Kaponis A, Tsounapi P, Paterakis N, Karagiannis A, Skouros S, Giannakis I, Champilomatis I, Paschopoulos M, Daphnis D, Giakoumakis I, R Gabales M, M Chua JB, Lantin Iii PL, Mamoulakis C, Takenaka A. The Effect of PDE5 Inhibitors on the Male Reproductive Tract. Curr Pharm Des. 2021;27(23):2697-2713. doi: 10.2174/1381612826666200226121510. PMID: 32101115. https://www.eurekaselect.com/article/104866