|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30-60 minutes|
|Lasts Long||Up to 36 hours|
How does Eriacta 100 mg Work
Eriacta 100 mg tablets contain Sildenafil citrate as its active ingredient which obstructs the action of the PDE5 enzyme and increases the production and action of nitric oxide in the penile tissue. When sexually aroused, nitric oxide gets released to activate the enzyme granulated cyclase which leads to elevation of the cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). Increased cGMP influences the smooth muscles of the penis to relax and promote the flow of blood into the penis to result in a firm penile erection. Normally, the PDE5 enzyme inhibits the activity of cGMP but Sildenafil present in the Eriacta 100 mg stops the action of the PDE5 enzyme and results in sustained erection of the penis.
- In the case of pulmonary arterial hypertension, the Eriacta 100 mg acts on the pulmonary arteries and helps dilate them to lower the blood pressure.
Uses of Eriacta 100 mg
Eriacta 100 mg tablets are used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men. Those suffering from ED, are unable to acquire or maintain an erect penis to enjoy pleasurable sexual intercourse.
- It is also administered for the treatment of Pulmonary arterial hypertension where the pulmonary arteries experience high blood pressure.
Eriacta pills contain 100 mg of Sildenafil citrate that are required to be taken whole with a glass of water. Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the use of these tablets for effective results.
- The usual recommended dosage is one tablet 30-60 minutes prior to the anticipated sexual activity. The medication will only work in the presence of sexual arousal.
- When daily consumption is advised, make sure to consume not more than one tablet per day, and a gap of 24 hours between two doses.
The chances of forgetting a dose are rare as the Eriacta 100 mg tablets are taken when needed. When you are required to take it every day, there is a chance that you may forget to take it. In case you do, take it when you remember. However, if you remember near the time of your next dose, it is advised to skip it and continue with the regular schedule from the next day. It is important to keep a gap of 24 hours between two doses to avoid any harmful effects.
Taking more than one tablet of Eriacta per day may result in certain effects ranging from moderate to severe. Following symptoms are experienced on overdose:
- Blurred or distorted vision
- Swelling of the optic nerve
- Damage of the optic nerve
- Painful erection of the penis that lasts for more than four hours.
Certain conditions may interact with Eriacta 100 mg tablets to impact its effects or result in aggravated side effects. Inform your doctor about the following conditions so that a suitable treatment regime can be created.
- If you have had an allergic reaction to sildenafil citrate or any other medication.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you suffer from diabetes, increased blood cholesterol, or hypertension.
- If you have or have had, cardiovascular disease, coronary artery disease, stroke, chest pain, arrhythmia, or heart attack.
- If you have any ailments of the liver.
- If you suffer from bleeding disorders.
- If you have any blood cancer condition – leukemia or multiple myeloma.
- If you have retinitis pigmentosa, an inherited condition that affects the retina.
Like any medication, Eriacta 100 mg tablets also result in certain side effects.
- Facial flushing
- Nasal congestion
- A sensation of buzzing or ringing in the ears
- Increased heartbeat
- Tearing of the eye
Some people may experience severe side effects because of improper use of Eriacta tablets. If you experience any of the below-listed reactions, seek immediate medical assistance.
- Allergic reaction – hives, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat, or difficulty in breathing.
- Disturbances in vision or loss of it.
- Difficulty in differentiating the blue and green colors.
- Sudden hearing loss.
- Feeling of numbness or tingle in the limbs.
- Cloudy and/or bloody urine
- Painful urination
- A painful erection that lasts for more than 4 hours.
Interactions With Other Drugs
Some medications interact with others medications to result in moderate to severe side effects, or inefficiency of the drugs consumed. Inform your pharmacists or doctor about all the medications, prescription, nonprescription, multivitamins, or herbal, you may be taking so that appropriate dosage can be advised to avoid any health effects.
- ACE inhibitors
- Imatinib mesylate
Interaction with Alcohol
The use of alcohol is known to cause dizziness. And some people experience dizziness when using Eriacta 100 mg pills. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid the use of Eriacta with alcohol as it may increase dizziness. Moreover, some alcohols contain ethyl alcohol which reacts severely to sildenafil and results in serious health impacts.
Retain the Eriacta tablets in their original packaging at an ambient temperature.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store them away from the sources of moisture and heat.
- Do not consume the expired tablets, and dispose of them safely with your local waste collection department’s guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. When does the Eriacta tablet start working after consumption?
- The time tablet will take to show its effect differs from one person to another. Usually, it takes between half an hour to one hour. The onset of effects is delayed when the tablet is used with a high-calorie meal. The effects last for three to four hours.
2. Is it okay to take the Eriacta tablets as often as I want?
- No. Taking more than one tablet of Eriacta 100 mg strength may result in severe side effects. It is recommended to take one tablet per day, or as advised by your doctor, and maintain a gap of 24 hours between the next dose.
3. Can the use of Eriacta tablets impact the ability to drive?
- As Eriacta tablets may affect alertness, vision, and also exhibit effects of dizziness, it is advised not to drive or operate heavy machinery when using this medication.
4. When should the Eriacta tablet be taken to get an effective response?
- Consume one Eriacta 100 mg tablet with water, one hour before you plan on getting sexually intimate. If you experience any discomfort or feel the medication is not working for you, contact your doctor right away.
5. Is the Eriacta tablet safe for use in pregnant or breastfeeding women?
- The use of Eriacta 100 mg tablets should be with extreme caution on doctor’s advice in pregnant or breastfeeding women. There is limited data available on the effects of sildenafil in the fetus and breastfeeding kids.
6. Can Eriacta tablets also treat premature ejaculation?
- There is no evidence-based data available to make claims that Eriacta tablets may prove to be beneficial in the treatment of premature ejaculation. It is utilized for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and pulmonary hypertension.
7. How does Eriacta tablet affect blood pressure?
- Eriacta tablets relax the smooth muscles of the blood vessels and cause them to dilate which causes the blood pressure to fall. Therefore, it is advised to be used with caution with blood pressure control medications.
8. Why is the use of Eriacta tablets contraindicated with nitrate-containing medication?
- Nitrate medication, or any other blood pressure-lowering medication, can cause a drastic drop in blood pressure when used in combination with the Eriacta tablets.
9. Can Eriacta tablets affect fertility?
- No, there are no known positive or negative impacts of Eriacta 100 mg tablets on fertility.