|Starts In||30 to 60 minutes|
|Lasts Long||Up to 36 hours|
How does Vidalista 60 mg Work
Vidalista 60 mg contains Tadalafil which belongs to a class of medications known as PDE 5 inhibitors.
For an erection to occur, the nitric oxide gets released inside the smooth muscle tissue of the penis on sexual arousal. The nitric oxide then stimulates the production of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) which controls the dilation & contraction of the blood vessels. The increased levels of the cGMP result in a firm erection. However, due to the action of the enzyme Phosphodiesterase Type 5 (PDE 5), the erection cannot occur. Tadalafil present in Vidalista 60 blocks the action of PDE 5 and prevents cGMP breakdown. This allows blood flow easily to the penis. As more and more blood flows to the penis, pressure is created. This leads to an erection.
Vidalista 60 mg is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – also known as impotence, it makes it difficult for a man to achieve or maintain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia – a disorder where the prostate gland enlarges resulting in urinary difficulties.
Vidalista 60 mg tablet is recommended to be taken once per day. It should not be taken more than once in 24 hours. It can be taken with or without food. It should be taken approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before any sexual activity. A person needs to be sexually stimulated for this drug to work properly. The effects of this medicine last for around 36 hours.
This medicine is taken as and when needed. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you are taking it for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose. Talk to your doctor about what happens when a dose is missed.
An overdose of the drug can lead to serious side effects. If you experience any side effects for long, seek medical attention immediately.
Vidalista 60 mg should be taken with caution in certain situations as they may interfere with its working or aggravate the side effects. Let your doctor know:
- If you have any known allergies to Tadalafil or any other medication.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have hypo-or hyper-tension.
- If you have or have had cardiovascular disease.
- If you suffer from disorders of the kidney, or liver, including cancers.
- If you have experienced any stroke, chest pain, or heart attack in the last six to twelve months.
- If you have had any condition that affects the blood flow to the eye, resulting in vision problems.
- If you have cancer affecting the blood cells, such as leukemia or multiple myeloma.
- If your penis is physically deformed.
- If you have sickle cell anemia.
Common side effects of Vidalista 60 mg include:
- Facial Flushing
- Blurring of vision
Some side effects may be severe and may require medical attention.
- Allergic reaction – rashes, hives, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat, or breathing difficulties.
- Sudden changes in vision or hearing.
- The sensation of numbness, burning, or tingling in the limbs.
- Pain in the chest during or after sexual intercourse.
- A painful penile erection that lasts for more than 4 hours.
- Chest pain during or after sexual activity.
Interactions With Other Drugs
If you take any herbal, OTC, or any other form of drugs to treat your existing health condition or for any other purposes, let your doctor know about them. Certain drugs can interact with Vidalista 60 mg and affect the way it works.
- Amyl or butyl nitrite,
- Isosorbide mononitrate.
- Magnesium or Aluminum Hydroxide.
Interaction with Alcohol
Alcohol can increase the chances of lowering your blood pressure. It can also cause some serious side effects. Avoid consuming alcohol along with this medication.
Vidalista 60 mg should be stored safely in its original packaging.
- Keep the tablets away from direct heat, moisture, and light.
- Keep the tablets away from the reach of children and pets.
- Do not consume the tablets past their expiration date.
- Dispose of the expired tablets safely with your local waste collection department’s guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is Vidalista 60 mg safe?
Vidalista 60 mg is considered safe and effective when taken as per the prescription of the doctor. This drug is not recommended for use in people not suffering from erectile dysfunction.
2. How do Vidalista 60 mg affect blood pressure?
Vidalista 60 mg works by relaxing blood vessels (arteries) throughout the body. Therefore, it may result in a drop in blood pressure levels.
3. Do Vidalista tablets impact the ability to drive or operate machinery?
As dizziness is a known side effect of Vidalista 60 mg tablets, it is suggested to avoid driving, or using heavy machinery until you are sure how the medicine affects you.
- Drugs H. Tadalafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 2022 Oct 13]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a604008.html
- Coward RM, Carson CC. Tadalafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2008 Dec;4(6):1315-30. doi: 10.2147/tcrm.s3336. PMID: 19337438; PMCID: PMC2643112. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2643112/
- Hatzimouratidis K. A review of the use of Tadalafil in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia in men with and without erectile dysfunction. Ther Adv Urol. 2014 Aug;6(4):135-47. doi: 10.1177/1756287214531639. PMID: 25083163; PMCID: PMC4054509. Available from: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1756287214531639
- Frajese GV, Pozzi F, Frajese G. Tadalafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction; an overview of the clinical evidence. Clin Interv Aging. 2006;1(4):439-49. doi: 10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.439. PMID: 18046921; PMCID: PMC2699638. Available from: https://www.atypon-link.com/DMP/doi/abs/10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.439
There are no reviews yet.