|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30-60 minutes|
|Lasts Long||4 to 5 hours|
|Manufacturer||Ajanta Pharma Limited|
|Flavors||Pineapple, Orange, Strawberry, Vanilla, Banana, Black Currant, Butterscotch|
How does Kamagra Oral Jelly 100 mg Work
Kamagra Oral Jelly 100 mg contains the active ingredient Sildenafil citrate which is essentially a selective inhibitor of the cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP)-specific PDE-5 enzyme. cGMP is required to cause proper blood flow in the penile muscles but the PDE-5 enzyme disintegrates it. Therefore, it becomes difficult to get or maintain an erection. PDE-5 inhibitors block the activity of the enzyme PDE5 and thus prevent the breakdown of cGMP. However, Kamagra Oral Jelly only works in the presence of sexual stimulation. Because physiologically, the stimulation releases nitric oxide (NO) in the muscles lining the inner wall of the penis which activates the cGMP molecules. This results in vasodilation of the penile muscles and increases blood flow to the penis. Once the penis gets filled with blood, an erection is achieved.
Uses of Kamagra Oral Jelly 100 mg
Kamagra Oral Jelly 100 mg is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – an inability to achieve or maintain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
The recommended dose of Kamagra Oral Jelly is 1 sachet per day. It should be taken approximately 30 to 60 minutes before having sexual intercourse. This medicine should not be taken more than once in 24 hours. It can be taken with or without food.
Kamagra Oral Jelly is usually taken as and when needed. Therefore, it is less likely to miss a dose.
An overdose of the drug can lead to serious complications. If an overdose is suspected, contact your doctor immediately.
Before you take Kamagra Oral Jelly 100 mg, let your doctor know about the following:
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil citrate or other drugs.
- If you suffer from abnormal blood pressure.
- If you have had any heart condition like a heart attack or chest pain, etc.
- If you are diabetic or have a high cholesterol level.
- If you have a deformed penis (Peyronie’s disease).
- If you suffer from eye-related conditions like retinitis pigmentosa.
- If you are prone to seizures or are epileptic.
- If you have blood-related problems like leukemia or sickle cell anemia.
- If you or someone in your family has a history of substance abuse.
Side Effects of Kamagra Oral Jelly 100 mg
Common side effects of Kamagra Oral Jelly 100 mg include:
- Hot flushes
- Abnormal vision
Other, more rare side effects include:
- Chest pain
- Troubled breathing
- Sudden loss of eye vision (Non-arteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy-NAION)
Interaction With Other Drugs
Kamagra Oral Jelly can interact with certain drugs that can alter the way it works. These include:
- Ritonavir and other HIV Protease inhibitors
- Anticoagulants like warfarin
- Isosorbide mononitrate and isosorbide dinitrate
- Beta-blockers like atenolol
- Alpha-blockers like alfuzosin and doxazosin
- Any other medication for erectile dysfunction
If you take any prescription, non-prescription, OTC, or any recreational drugs, let your doctor know about them.
Interaction With Alcohol
Alcohol may increase the blood pressure-lowering effect of Kamagra Oral Jelly. This may cause a sudden drop in blood pressure. As a result, consumption of alcohol along with this medicine is not recommended.
Interaction with grapefruit juice
Grapefruit juice increases the bioavailability of Sildenafil and tends to delay its absorption. Therefore, consumption of grapefruit juice alongside Kamagra Oral Jelly is not recommended.
Kamagra Oral Jelly should be stored safely in its original packaging.
- Store the pack at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- If the package has expired, do not consume the jellies.
- The discarded package or expired jellies should be properly disposed of and not flushed in the toilet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is Kamagra Oral Jelly 100 mg effective for the treatment of ED?
Ans- Kamagra Oral Jelly contains Sildenafil which is considered safe and effective for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men.
2. How long does Kamagra Oral Jelly take to work?
Ans- This medicine is recommended to be taken approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before any sexual activity. The effects are usually experienced within the first 30 minutes for most patients. The effects last for around 4 to 5 hours.
- McMurray JG, Feldman RA, Auerbach SM, Deriesthal H, Wilson N; Multicenter Study Group. Long-term safety and effectiveness of sildenafil citrate in men with erectile dysfunction. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2007 Dec;3(6):975-81. PMID: 18516312; PMCID: PMC2387281. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2387281/
- Eardley I, Ellis P, Boolell M, Wulff M. Onset and duration of action of sildenafil for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2002;53 Suppl 1(Suppl 1):61S-65S. doi: 10.1046/j.0306-5251.2001.00034.x. PMID: 11879261; PMCID: PMC1874251. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874251/
- Hatzimouratidis K. Sildenafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction: an overview of the clinical evidence. Clin Interv Aging. 2006;1(4):403-14. doi: 10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.403. PMID: 18046917; PMCID: PMC2699643. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2699643/
- Smith BP, Babos M. Sildenafil. [Updated 2022 May 3]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK558978/
- Drugs H. Sildenafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 2022 Sep 29]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a699015.html
- PubChem [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US), National Center for Biotechnology Information; 2004-. PubChem Compound Summary for CID 135413523, Sildenafil citrate; [cited 2022 Sept. 29]. Available from: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Sildenafil-citrate