|Starts In||30 to 60 minutes|
|Lasts Long||Up to 36 hours|
How does Vidalista 20 mg Work
Vidalista 20 mg falls under the class of drugs known as PDE 5 inhibitors. It contains Tadalafil that blocks the action of the PDE 5 enzyme and allows the blood flow properly to the penis.
The enzyme cGMP which is responsible for the contraction and dilation of blood vessels is destroyed by the action of PDE 5. Tadalafil present in Vidalista 20 blocks the action of PDE 5 and doesn’t let it destroy cGMP. This increases the levels of nitric oxide in the body so that cGMP can be produced properly. This allows the blood flow properly to the penis. As more and more blood flows to the penis, pressure is created. This leads to an erection.
Vidalista 20 mg is prescribed for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Erectile Dysfunction: a condition that makes it unable to achieve or sustain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: an ailment that results in enlargement of the prostate gland leading to difficulty in urination.
The recommended dose of Vidalista 20 mg is one tablet per day. It should not be consumed more than once in 24 hours. It can be taken with or without food. It should be taken approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before any sexual activity or as advised by the doctor.
This medicine is taken as and when needed. Therefore, it is less likely to miss a dose. However, if you have been prescribed this drug for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, take the missed dose as soon as possible. If it’s time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the regular one. Talk to your doctor about what happens when a dose is missed.
An overdose of this drug can lead to severe side effects. These include:
- Stuffy nose
- Blurred vision
In case an overdose is suspected, seek medical help immediately.
Before you take Vidalista 20 mg, tell your doctor:
- If you have had allergies to any medication or Tadalafil.
- If you are on nitrate medications.
- If you suffer from hypotension or hypertension.
- If you have any cardiovascular, kidney, or liver disease, or their medical history.
- If you have had any vision problems because of decreased blood flow to eye tissue.
- If you had any stroke or heart attack recently.
- If you have any physical deformation of the penis.
- If you suffer from sickle cell anemia.
- If you have cancer of blood cells (leukemia or multiple myeloma).
Common side effects of Vidalista 20 mg include:
- Facial Flushing
- Increased heartbeat
- Blurred vision
- Muscular pain
Some people may experience severe side effects of the drug. If any of these persist for long, seek medical help immediately.
- Hypersensitivity reaction – hives, rashes, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat, or difficulty in breathing.
- Numbness, tingling, or burning sensation in limbs.
- Sudden disturbances with vision or hearing.
- Priapism or a painful erection that stays for more than 4 hours.
- Chest pain during or after sexual activity.
Interactions With Other Drugs
If you take any herbal, OTC, or any other form of drugs to treat your existing health condition or for any other purposes, let your doctor know about them. Check for all possible drug interactions with your doctor. Vidalista 20 mg may interact with certain drugs that can affect the way it works.
- Nitrates such as – Nitroglycerin, Amyl nitrite, butyl nitrite, isosorbide mononitrate.
- Alpha blockers such as Tamsulosin, Prazosin, Alfuzosin, Terazosin, Doxazosin.
- Drugs administered for HIV treatment – Ritonavir, Lopinavir, Ritonavir
- Antifungal drugs – Itraconazole or Ketoconazole
- Antibiotics – Rifampin, Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, Telithromycin.
- Other ED treatment drugs – Sildenafil, Vardenafil.
- Other Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension medications such as Riociguat.
- Drugs used for stomach acid – Magnesium or Aluminum Hydroxide.
- Epilepsy treatment drugs – Phenytoin, Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine.
Interaction with Alcohol
Alcohol can increase the chances of lowering your blood pressure. It can also cause some serious side effects. Avoid consuming alcohol alongside this medication.
Interaction with Grapefruit
The levels of Vidalista 20 mg in the bloodstream may increase with the use of grapefruit or grapefruit juice. Increased levels of Tadalafil increase the likelihood of experiencing side effects.
Store the tablets in their original packaging at an ambient temperature.
- Keep this drug away from direct heat, moisture, and light.
- Keep the tablets away from the reach of children and pets.
- Do not consume the tablets past their expiration date.
- Dispose of them safely in compliance with guidelines from your local waste collection department.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is it okay to take Vidalista 20 mg as often as I want?
- It is recommended to not consume more than one tablet in 24 hours to avoid any serious side effects.
2. Can Vidalista Tablets impact blood pressure?
- Vidalista tablets work by dilating the blood vessels, therefore, the drug may result in lowering the blood pressure.
3. Does the use of recreational drugs affect Vidalista 20 mg effects?
- Taking recreational drugs that contain nitrates, or drugs such as stimulants, hallucinogens, or psychoactive substances may result in potentially hazardous effects. Avoid consuming any recreational drugs while taking Vidalista 20 mg.
4. Is it safe to drive or operate machinery after using Vidalista tablets?
- Some people may experience dizziness as a side effect of Vidalista 20 mg. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid driving, or use heavy machinery after taking this medication.
- Drugs H. Tadalafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 2022 Oct 11]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a604008.html
- Coward RM, Carson CC. Tadalafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2008 Dec;4(6):1315-30. doi: 10.2147/tcrm.s3336. PMID: 19337438; PMCID: PMC2643112. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2643112/
- Hatzimouratidis K. A review of the use of Tadalafil in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia in men with and without erectile dysfunction. Ther Adv Urol. 2014 Aug;6(4):135-47. doi: 10.1177/1756287214531639. PMID: 25083163; PMCID: PMC4054509. Available from: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1756287214531639
ernest duarte (verified owner) –
nice job. delivered on time. cheers!!