How does Altraz 1 mg Work
Elevated estrogen levels in the body result in the unnatural growth of the breast tissue resulting in cancer. Anastrozole tablets inhibit the working of aromatase enzymes and stop the conversion of androstenedione to estrogen and testosterone to estradiol. This action results in the reduction of serum estradiol concentration.
Uses of Altraz 1 mg
Altraz 1 mg is prescribed for the treatment of early breast cancer and provides relief from the following symptoms.
- Reduces or eliminates breast lumps
- Stops bloody discharge from nipples
- Provides relief from a transition of breast’s shape & texture
Altraz also prevents the spread of breast cancer cells.
The effective dosage according to your condition and symptoms will be decided by the doctor. Therefore, for successful treatment, it is important to follow the instructions carefully and consistently.
- Take the tablet whole with a glass of water, do not crush, chew or break the tablet.
- It should be taken at a fixed time every day, with or without food.
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember.
- If the time for your next dose is approaching, skip the missed dose and continue with the normal dosage regime from the next scheduled dose.
- Do not consume double doses even if you miss one.
Consumption of more than the recommended dose may adversely impact health. Seek immediate medical assistance in case you face difficulty breathing, experience severe dizziness, or loss of consciousness.
The use of Altraz 1 mg may not be effective in certain situations, while it may cause critical side effects in some. It is important to discuss your medical history with your doctor and any present condition.
- If you have known allergies to Anastrozole, or any other ingredients of this medication.
- Any known allergies.
- If you have or have had any heart disease.
- If you suffer from or have a medical history of osteoporosis.
- If you have any liver disorder or its medical history.
- If you suffer from hypertension.
- If you have had any case of thrombosis (blood clotting), or stroke.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you use alcohol or marijuana regularly.
The common side effects experienced by women using Altraz 1 mg for the treatment of breast cancer are listed below.
- Trouble falling asleep
- Coughing & sore throat
- Decreased appetite
- Weight gain
- Hot flashes
Most of these symptoms go away on their own as your body adjusts to the new medication. However, if they persist or worsen over time, contact your doctor.
In some cases, serious side effects may occur. If you experience any of the following symptoms, stop the consumption of Altraz 1 mg and immediately contact your doctor.
- Edema or swelling of hands, ankle, feet, arms, or legs.
- Worsening or appearance of mood swings.
- Pain or stiffness of joints or muscles.
- Breathing difficulties.
- Abnormal vaginal discharge or bleeding.
- Vaginal burning or itching.
- Pain in bone.
- Easily broken bones.
- Vision changes.
- Symptoms of liver disorder – persistent nausea or vomiting, severe abdominal pain, jaundice, dark urine.
- Chest pain that spreads to the jaw and left arm.
- Trouble speaking properly.
- Weakness, tingling, or numbness in one side of the body.
- Signs of a hypersensitivity reaction – rash, itching, swelling of the tongue, face, or throat, difficulty in breathing, severe dizziness.
Interactions With Other Drugs
Interaction of Altraz 1 mg with some other medications may result in an inefficient response in the body or increase the chances of occurrence of adverse effects. It is recommended to share the information about all the medications or supplements that you may be taking, whether they are prescription, non-prescription, or herbal. Do not use any additional medication without notifying your doctor or pharmacist first. Altraz 1 mg is known to interact with the following drugs,
Interaction with Alcohol & Marijuana
Altraz 1 mg may cause dizziness. Using alcohol or marijuana with this medication may intensify the dizziness. It is recommended to avoid drinking alcohol or using marijuana when you are on treatment with Altraz tablets.
Store the Altraz tablets in their original packaging.
- Keep them away from light and moisture.
- Do not store them in the bathroom.
- Keep safely out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the expired tablets properly under the guidance of your pharmacist or local waste collection department. Do not consume expired tablets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is Altraz 1 mg safe for use by pregnant women?
Altraz 1 mg medication is not considered safe for use in pregnant women as it may cause serious harm to the fetus. If you get pregnant or think you may be pregnant, consult your doctor immediately. This medication is mainly used in post-menopausal women. If you have not undergone menopause yet, use reliable birth control during the treatment, and for a minimum of 3 weeks after the end of treatment.
2. Can I use Altraz tablets if I am breastfeeding?
Altraz 1 mg tablets are not recommended for use by breastfeeding women as they may pass on the baby through breastmilk and cause harm.
3. Does the Altraz tablet impact the ability to drive or operate heavy machinery?
Altraz tablets are known to cause dizziness or drowsiness in some people. Therefore, it is recommended to not drive or operate heavy machinery. Any task that requires your complete attention and alertness should be avoided until you are sure how the medication affects you.
4. Can Altraz tablets be used in people with kidney or liver disorders effectively?
Altraz 1 mg tablets should be used with caution in disorders of the liver or kidney. Therefore, it is recommended to consult your doctor if you have or have had any kidney or liver diseases.
5. What conditions are required to be monitored while on Altraz treatment?
When you are put on a treatment regime with Altraz tablets, the doctor will advise you to have some tests regularly for monitoring the blood cell counts, bone density, and liver & kidney functions.
6. Can Altraz cause loss of hair?
Altraz tablets cause the thinning of hair resulting in their loss. Luckily, this is temporary and stops after some time. This side effect is experienced because of the estrogen-lowering action of the active ingredient Anastrozole. However, it is not a very common side effect.
7. Why is Altraz used by bodybuilders?
Men who exercise to focus on bodybuilding and consume anabolic steroids, experience elevated levels of estrogen in the body as a side effect. Increased levels of estrogen may cause enlargement of breasts, their voice to change into high-pitched female-like or testicular or penile shrinkage. To avoid such side effects, bodybuilders use Altraz tablets to decrease estrogen production in their bodies.
8. Can the use of Altraz result in weight gain?
Weight gain has been reported by the women who have been put on the Altraz treatment regime. However, it is uncommon. If you experience an increase in weight, follow a low-calorie diet and start exercising regularly.
9. Is it safe to consume Altraz tablets at night?
Yes. Altraz tablets can be taken at any time of the day, as long as you follow the prescribed dosage and instructions of your doctor.
10. Can I use hormonal birth control with Altraz 1 mg tablets?
Medications that contain estrogen such as birth control pills, creams with estrogen, impact the working of the Altraz tablets. Therefore, it is recommended to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you plan on using any medication while on Altraz treatment.